Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am interested in becoming a medical officer in the Royal Navy. For other people who have been through the process, I was wondering:

Firstly when did you apply to join the navy/receive the scholarship?
    Secondly, do you have to go to a uni with a university royal navy unit?

Thank youu

ReputationRep:
    From what I've read, you apply during your 2nd year of uni and receive the scholarship from 3rd year onwards.
    You can go to any UK uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gurdeep410)
    From what I've read, you apply during your 2nd year of uni and receive the scholarship from 3rd year onwards.
    You can go to any UK uni
    Thank you very much!
    Are you in the navy?

ReputationRep:
    The Navy will snap your arm off if you want to join as a medical officer. TSR is not the best place to ask, the navy have a dedicated medical recruitment team who are extremely experienced and will have answers to all of your questions. I recommend you call them, they will also put you in communications with a senior medical officer who will help answer any questions/doubts/personal insight you have. All your questions will be answered definitively within 3 minutes if you give them a call, and you can even start the application process.

Any reason why you want to join the Navy and not Army or RAF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevlar123)
    The Navy will snap your arm off if you want to join as a medical officer. TSR is not the best place to ask, the navy have a dedicated medical recruitment team who are extremely experienced and will have answers to all of your questions. I recommend you call them, they will also put you in communications with a senior medical officer who will help answer any questions/doubts/personal insight you have. All your questions will be answered definitively within 3 minutes if you give them a call, and you can even start the application process.

Any reason why you want to join the Navy and not Army or RAF?
    I tried contacting them several times but no one really knew anything about it and so i didnt get any concrete answers.

What do you mean they'll snap my arm off if i wanna join as a medical officer?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.