The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh vs. UCD Smurfit: MSc Entrepreneurship & Innovation

I have been offered a place in both universities for their MSc Entrepreneurship & Innovation programme, but cannot decide between the two. Some aspects I have put into consideration:

U of E:
- It's the first year this programme is being offered, however, it is a top ranking university, so I can't imagine it being a poor course. With that being said, it is the first year being offered, so I'm not sure what my peers would be like (i.e., if it was extremely competitive to get in).
- It's a 1 year full time MSc.
- Cost of living is cheaper.
- Beautiful and gorgeous city.

Smurfit:
- The programme is top ranked and works with NCAD (National College of Art and Design). I know it will be great because it's a highly ranked programme.
- Higher cost of living.
- Surrounded by loads of business HQ such as Facebook, Google, Twitter.
- The city is great, however, I've lived here for a year and I'm not really feeling the environment and surroundings, but I'm sure I can rediscover the beauty of it.
Reply 1
I'm about to make a similar decision. For me, University of Leeds and their MSc Global Innovation Management is the alternative to Edinburgh. I also heard that there will be a collaboration between the College of Art and the Business School for the programme in Edinburgh which sounds interesting! Right now, I guess I will go for Edinburgh.

Personally, having more than two years of work experience, I'm also curious what the future class profile might look like! Maybe some of the other applicants can share their background? :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending