Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AS Grades not up to scratch? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,
    Im looking to do Biosciences at university, favourite being Nottingham at the moment (ABB for the course i want to do). The only problem is that i reckon i can only get ABD in my AS's if that because many of the exams went so awfully.

A-Biology
    B-Chemistry
    D-Physics
    D-Maths
    A-General Studies (Doesent really count lol...)

However, i know for a fact i can improve that D (Maths) to a B (because we do 2 mechanics units in A2, and i find them really easy because i do physics), and maybe even improve the B in chemistry to an A. So my question is, are places like Nottingham (ABB) and Durham (BBB) not going to offer me a conditional place because i didnt reach their target with my AS grades, or with a good personal statement, will they likely make me an offer if i can reach those grades for A2.

Thanks for any help,

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of it will depend on your predicted grades that your teachers give you. Anyway, don't worry too much about the results until you actually get them, they're often better than you think

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, hopefully ill get good predicted grades, i got AAC this year, lets hope my final grades reflect that, although given the exams i doubt it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.