This is going to sound really silly but I don't think I should do triple science anymore. We have nearly two months until our exam and we haven't even finished learning the content yet. All my other GCSEs are stressful enough and when going over the science specification I don't understand anything- even after learning it in class. I would much rather just do double award. What do you think?
I do OCR gateway btw..
Dropping Triple Science watch
- Thread Starter
- 22-04-2016 18:18
- 22-04-2016 21:22
Don't you think it's too late to be deciding this?
I think it would be best you discuss this with your teacher as they will know about your capabilities better than any TSR user.
Personally if I was you I would still carry on and do the Triple Award. I understand it's stressful and hard at times, but you got to ask for that extra help during class time, use TSR to ask questions if you have to or talk to a friend about it?
Think in the long-term you'll have 3 GCSE's, not 2.
Here's some tips:Spoiler:Show
- I found recording myself saying the content and listening back to it when I'm travelling really helped me
- I made sure I knew all the content before I attempted any past paper questions
- Use keywords in your answers, that's what gets you the mark
- Do a good amount of past papers, if you complete them all attempt the IGCSE ones
- Definitely mark every paper you do, if you are struggling to mark it ask your teacher to do it for you
- See where you have gone wrong and look to improve on the section for the next paper you do
- Try teaching someone a section you're not confident on
- 22-04-2016 21:27
From experience some aspects of Triple overlaps with AS level especially in Physics. I did Triple and to be honest it wasn't much extra work to get an A* in it alongside Double. And I agree with undercxver, it does seem a bit late to contemplate dropping a subject. Best to talk to your subject teacher/Head of Faculty.