Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello, I have recieved an offer for Msc Finance at Manchester Business School. Im writing here to ask how does this university stands against other target universities?
    I have applied to other universities as well but still got no answers, so which other business schools should i consider?

ReputationRep:
    MBS is a globally known business school with a good reputation, so it will definitely get you interviews for finance roles

When you say 'target' I assume you mean target for FO IB roles, and in my honest opinion I wouldn't consider it a target for such roles. That doesn't mean it won't land you interviews, but definitely will have less impact on a CV than a top tier school. If you got into MBS, you might want to consider trying for Warwick/Imperial as they are the next step up and definitely are targeted by top firms.

Bearing in mind, I don't think a top tier school is a guarantee for an interview either. If you have any previous experience in investment banking (summer analyst), you are already miles ahead and should probably just take Manchester!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the answer. Granted by the fact I got rejected by cass I don't know if I have realistic chance for imperial or Warwick

ReputationRep:
    Any more info about the business school? Maybe from someone that attended it?

ReputationRep:
    Hello again! Seems like Warwick and imperial rejected me. My offers are Manchester and Durham. Which one is better regarded in the uk?

ReputationRep:
    I seriously need some advice guys! The dilemma is Manchester vs Durham for finance msc. Any opinions? What is better for a career in uk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christs92)
    I seriously need some advice guys! The dilemma is Manchester vs Durham for finance msc. Any opinions? What is better for a career in uk?
    Both are solid semi-targets that are recognised by most banks in the UK. I would say MBS is the "safer" option personally (being a business school it would have much more networking opportunities) but doubt there is much between the two as far as employers go.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I have read Durham and Manchester are considered about the same. But Durham is half the price so I'm leaning there at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christs92)
    As far as I have read Durham and Manchester are considered about the same. But Durham is half the price so I'm leaning there at the moment
    In terms of reputation. Durham BS has a bad rep RELATIVE to the reputation of the university, where I feel MBS is the opposite. Its actually established and internationally known, so the cost reflects the better experience. Obviously, importance of cost is something only you can decide upon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.