Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A place to help each other, learn and benefit from everyone's contribution as well as the revision advice. Lets all try our best for these exams and support each other during the process.

ReputationRep:
    • I found recording myself saying the content and listening back to it when I'm travelling really helped me
    • I made sure I knew all the content before I attempted any past paper questions
    • Use keywords in your answers, that's what gets you the mark
    • Do a good amount of past papers, if you complete them all attempt the IGCSE ones
    • Definitely mark every paper you do, if you are struggling to mark it ask your teacher to do it for you
    • See where you have gone wrong and look to improve on the section for the next paper you do
    • Try teaching someone a section you're not confident on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    • I found recording myself saying the content and listening back to it when I'm travelling really helped me
    • I made sure I knew all the content before I attempted any past paper questions
    • Use keywords in your answers, that's what gets you the mark
    • Do a good amount of past papers, if you complete them all attempt the IGCSE ones
    • Definitely mark every paper you do, if you are struggling to mark it ask your teacher to do it for you
    • See where you have gone wrong and look to improve on the section for the next paper you do
    • Try teaching someone a section you're not confident on
    Oh ok, thanks that is very helpful. I will try them out !!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'm also doing the core science edexcel exams in May - are you doing additional or triple science?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Hey
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    I'm also doing the core science edexcel exams in May - are you doing additional or triple science?
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. I am doing the core science exams from edexcel as I am still in year 10. The dates for the three exams are:

Biology, Influences on life B1 - Tuesday 17TH MAY 2016

Chemistry, In our world C1 - Thursday 19TH MAY 2016

Physics, Universal Physics P1 - Wednesday 25TH MAY 2016

During Year 11 I will have my additional and triple science exams- i think.
    I wish you good luck for the upcoming exams !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryTea)
    [spoiler]

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I am doing the core science exams from edexcel as I am still in year 10. The dates for the three exams are:

Biology, Influences on life B1 - Tuesday 17TH MAY 2016

Chemistry, In our world C1 - Thursday 19TH MAY 2016

Physics, Universal Physics P1 - Wednesday 25TH MAY 2016

During Year 11 I will have my additional and triple science exams- i think.
    I wish you good luck for the upcoming exams !
    To caitlinford3, the account that replied to your question was my sisters sorry for the inconvenience, but i did write that reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuraiSami)
    To caitlinford3, the account that replied to your question was my sisters sorry for the inconvenience, but i did write that reply.
    Ah I see. I am also doing triple yet our exams were all linear, so I'm sitting all 9 this year - a lot of content

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, so are you in you're 11th year of education ( year 11 in secondary school)?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.