Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the maintenance loan because I'm going to university in central London (UCL) and accomodation there is crazy!
    But I'm not sure if I can get it as I had to be in the UK for 3 years before starting the term. (it change to 5 on the 24th of March but I applied on the 22nd). The term at UCL starts on the 26th of September and I moved here on the 16th of September 2013 (so exactly 3 years and 10 days) BUT on the government website they counted from the 1st of September and I honestly can't affoard £200/250 a week just for accomodation! Is it possible that I won't get the loan considering the dates? If so, what do you suggest I should do? I have already calculated that I need to work at least 40 hours a week to fully mantain myself, but that will impact my work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizzo97)
    I applied for the maintenance loan because I'm going to university in central London (UCL) and accomodation there is crazy!
    But I'm not sure if I can get it as I had to be in the UK for 3 years before starting the term. (it change to 5 on the 24th of March but I applied on the 22nd). The term at UCL starts on the 26th of September and I moved here on the 16th of September 2013 (so exactly 3 years and 10 days) BUT on the government website they counted from the 1st of September and I honestly can't affoard £200/250 a week just for accomodation! Is it possible that I won't get the loan considering the dates? If so, what do you suggest I should do? I have already calculated that I need to work at least 40 hours a week to fully mantain myself, but that will impact my work.
    It is possible yes. All you can do really is work for a couple of years to save up unless your home country can offer you anything.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.