Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Online Library watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, first of all, allow me to introduce my self.
    My name is Maleki and I'm an entrepreneur with an idea that could benefit a lot of people, especially, but not limited to, students.

The basic concept is to set up a website which would allow you to 'rent' out books for a week at a time for a small fee, i.e. a pound a week. Once doing this you would then have complete access for the designated time period across several platforms, including computers, tablets and mobile phones.

This would be a handy solution to buying costly textbooks as you could instead rent them out for study intensive periods. You would also be able to rent out non-course related books, from non-fiction professional books to fiction novels.

The first thing I would appreciate your feedback on is whether this would interest you?

The second thing is what function do you think would be more appropriate - renting individual books for periods of time or paying for a membership to the website for periods of time, where by you would have access to the entire library.

Thirdly, for both of the above options, what price would you deem reasonable per week / month?

Finally, how many books do you think you would want access to over the course of a month?

I thank you in advance for any feedback you may have.

Regards.

ReputationRep:
    there's lots of websites doing the same thing though??

is there a way yours would be different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonRocket)
    there's lots of websites doing the same thing though??

is there a way yours would be different?
    HI, thanks for the reply.

So most of the ones I have been on have lacked the books I've searched for, and so this would be the first differentiation - a vaster quantity of titles.

Furthermore, there would be heavy investment into the applications used, allowing for easy cross-system compatibility. For example, you could read on your phone on the train, insert a book mark before closing, open it up on your tablet or desktop in the evening and pick up from where you left off, as well as various other functions.

Also, can I ask what website you use / are aware of?

ReputationRep:
    I buy second hand for peanuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalekiBurke)
    HI, thanks for the reply.

So most of the ones I have been on have lacked the books I've searched for, and so this would be the first differentiation - a vaster quantity of titles.

Furthermore, there would be heavy investment into the applications used, allowing for easy cross-system compatibility. For example, you could read on your phone on the train, insert a book mark before closing, open it up on your tablet or desktop in the evening and pick up from where you left off, as well as various other functions.

Also, can I ask what website you use / are aware of?
    I've seen a few online, unfortunately I can't remember there names.

I use my uni's dawsonera library though, not sure if its the same?

Kindle e-books?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.