Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's excited about moving to uni?

ReputationRep:
    hi . what are you studying

ReputationRep:
    I am but part of me is worried about freshers week since it all seems to be clubbing and such. I don't know if you can buy tickets at the door or if I need to get the wristband because I know I won't be going to all the events and don't really want to spend £50-60 on it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needle_point)
    x
    The Students' Union events tend to involve nights out. However, there's over 100 student-run societies that will be putting on less alcohol-/club-focused events, pizza nights etc. If you are sure you aren't interested in going to more than 3 events over Freshers in the Students' Union I would recommend you purchase individual tickets either in advance or on the door (which you can do); there is one caveat in that tickets on the door tend to sell out early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needle_point)
    I am but part of me is worried about freshers week since it all seems to be clubbing and such. I don't know if you can buy tickets at the door or if I need to get the wristband because I know I won't be going to all the events and don't really want to spend £50-60 on it.
    £50 to £60??????????
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG I CANT AFFORD THATTTTT!!!! Is it rly that expensive????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikkolia)
    £50 to £60??????????
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG I CANT AFFORD THATTTTT!!!! Is it rly that expensive????
    No it's 45 quid

And it's worth it for all the events you get into

A tip for saving money is get drunk in your flat with your mates beforehand then leave to go out

ReputationRep:
    where do we purchase the tickets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artsyfartsy)
    where do we purchase the tickets
    https://keelesu.com/whatson/entertainments/

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the Ice Breaker Disco tonight?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.