Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I will be a 2nd year student doing an MA in social work - I have 3 questions.

1) will I be eligible for funding for my course for year 2
    2) How much is the funding if eligible
    3) I received DSA as part of my UG course 2014/15, will I be eligible
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by noodlemike)
    Hi

The early guidance stated that people would be able to apply in their second year and receive the entire funding for the course that year. If you and your course is eligible then that would be £10k. The SFE advisers should be able to confirm if this is still the case when they join us next week.

Your course won't be eligible if it is funded in another way - I know some social work courses get an NHS bursary.

If you were eligible for DSA and your circumstances haven't changed then that should still be the case.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by noodlemike)
    Hi

Hi

Because you’ve already started your course you won’t be able to get a Postgraduate Loan for the second year.

You can apply for DSAs as a Postgraduate student, you don’t have to be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan. You should apply on DSA1 full form which you can download from www.gov.uk/studentfinance

Laura

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.