Funspoiler
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello! I am currently in year 11 and I'm choosing my options for next year. I was wondering which modules you have to do for AS Further Additional maths (including the ones from Maths and Further Maths) thank you

The exam board is Edexcel BTW :P
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Funspoiler)
Hello! I am currently in year 11 and I'm choosing my options for next year. I was wondering which modules you have to do for AS Further Additional maths (including the ones from Maths and Further Maths) thank you

You'll have to do C1 and C2 for your AS maths, and FP1 for AS Further Maths. You'd then either do M1,S1, or D1 for AS maths, depending on what your teacher chooses. Then all of the other modules are up to your teacher, there's no set modules the exam board say you have to do.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Funspoiler)

It isn't quite that clear cut as exactly which units go in which A level isn't decided until.you have finished them all. If you are taking AS Further Additional Maths they you also have to complete A level Maths and A level Further Maths so you have to take 15 units in total. For these you have to do
Maths: Core Maths 1-4, plus 2 applied units.
Further Maths: Further Pure 1, at least 1 from Further Pure 2 and 3 plus 3/4 more units to make six in total.
AFM AS - any 3 units you've not already done.

If you are taking AFM then a likely collection of the 15 units required would be:

Core Maths 1-4
Further Pure 1-3
Statistics 1-3
Mechanics 1-3
Decision Maths 1
though you could do D2 and not do S3 or not M3.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads