Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm hopefully going to be starting uni at Exeter this September to study neuroscience
    On the open day I was told Rowancroft accommodation was quite good as it is associated with science/medical students and the walk to St Lucas was so quick!
    I've also seen La Frowda which is clearly really popular with students and social life!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on making a decision for which to put as my top choice! I'm really social and my only worry is that living at Rowancroft will mean I will only really meet people doing my course and its quite isolated from the Streatham campus..would living at La Frowda mean I get more opportunity to meet people?

Obviously these were just my impressions when I went so I'd love to hear from people who actually know what it's like!
    Any help would be great and any other suggestions on accommodation is welcome!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Rowancroft is great from what I've heard and of course there are lots of people there too (obviously not as many as Streatham), if your course is not based at st lukes youll have to consider the 30-40 minute walk up to the main campus or the bus, i beleive there is a free mini bus that runs a couple of times in the morning and evening between campuses. if you're considering that area you have Rowancroft mews and court which are based in the exact same area and cheaper or you have nancherrow just oppisite the st lukes campus. if you're worried about meeting people from streatham there is the printworks and James Owen court which is in the middle of town and the same distance from both campus about 15-20 minute walk maximun. They are literally 2 minues walk to one of the main night clubs in the city so I guess the social life here is great, but either way there is also nothing stopping you from applying for Lafrowda or any of the halls around there.

I hope this helps in some way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katecatfish;[url="tel:64338017")
    64338017[/url]]Rowancroft is great from what I've heard and of course there are lots of people there too (obviously not as many as Streatham), if your course is not based at st lukes youll have to consider the 30-40 minute walk up to the main campus or the bus, i beleive there is a free mini bus that runs a couple of times in the morning and evening between campuses. if you're considering that area you have Rowancroft mews and court which are based in the exact same area and cheaper or you have nancherrow just oppisite the st lukes campus. if you're worried about meeting people from streatham there is the printworks and James Owen court which is in the middle of town and the same distance from both campus about 15-20 minute walk maximun. They are literally 2 minues walk to one of the main night clubs in the city so I guess the social life here is great, but either way there is also nothing stopping you from applying for Lafrowda or any of the halls around there.

I hope this helps in some way
    Thanks that is helpful!
    So if I picked Rowancroft will it lack a more social atmosphere or is it just as easy to travel to I.e. Lafrowda
    Also I think my course is split over both campuses so that's not really a problem!
    If anyone else has any comparisons between Rowancroft and Lafrowda that would be really appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    From what ive heard travel is easy there are regualr buses between capuses (and theyre quire cheap) but there are also free mini busesrun by the uni between campuses in the morning and evening. And from what ive heard the walk is lovelt in the summer haha though its uphill going from st lukes to streatham if the social scene is more important foe you streatham is probably your best bet

ReputationRep:
    Looking for one person to replace me in a very spacious 2 bedroom house on Union Road (5 minutes from university), if anyone is interested let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am looking for a room in a house

ReputationRep:
    very interested how much?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm interested how much for the room?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.