Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can you call your teacher your friend????
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Saffron123456)
    Nope, wouldn't say so. Unless you knew them before you had them as a teacher I suppose... It's quite an odd relationship to develop if you only know them as your teacher in my opinion.

I know someone from my ex school who has a teacher on her facebook friend list, however, that teacher has now left.

Its a bit of a wierd one, but profesionalism must stay at all times.

ReputationRep:
    definitely not

ReputationRep:
    Stop with whatever you're thinking. You have already posted about fancying this teacher. It would be incredibly selfish of you to act upon your feelings as you could cost your teacher their entire career.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have really a friendship-like relationship to a teacher after leaving the school for so many years ago. But this is a great exception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I have really a friendship-like relationship to a teacher after leaving the school for so many years ago. But this is a great exception.
    so do you reckon you are allowed to have your teacher on facebook when you leave school
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    so do you reckon you are allowed to have your teacher on facebook when you leave school
    That is unnecessary. I am meeting with her up usually in real life. And when we are meeting each other, we are talking about anything and everything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.