The Student Room Group

Math help ! Asap

Hi,

I'm doing my AS-Levels. C12 and Statistics 1 (Edexcel)
I'm really bad in maths BUT because Math is required for the degree i'll be doing in university i really need it. I don't have a proper foundation in Maths at ALL. it's really hard to understand for me (obviously some other ppl out there)
Which is why i need to start from the scratch. And i'm teaching myself the basics.
I want to know which topics in the basic Arithmetic/ basic Maths are important for the high schools Maths.

PLEASE HELP TY.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Hi,

PM me if youd like some help. Im a second year Bsc maths undergrad happy to take a revision break to go through some material with you.

Matthew

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hanna423
Hi,

I'm doing my AS-Levels. C12 and Statistics 1 (Edexcel)
I'm really bad in maths BUT because Math is required for the degree i'll be doing in university i really need it. I don't have a proper foundation in Maths at ALL. it's really hard to understand for me (obviously some other ppl out there)
Which is why i need to start from the scratch. And i'm teaching myself the basics.
I want to know which topics in the basic Arithmetic/ basic Maths are important for the high schools Maths.

PLEASE HELP TY.

Everything to do with fractions is always really useful. Conversion between percentages, fractions and decimals. Inequalities, and basic rearrangement for algebra. Factorising, expanding. All the stuff at the end of GCSE paper is the stuff that needs to be second nature if you're going to make it through AS and A level maths. If you're having trouble with C1 and C2, can I recommend this: https://markit.education/students a good way to practice the material and keep track of your progress.

Quick Reply

Latest