Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need a laptop for work as a teacher... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a teacher and need a laptop that is suitable for me but I haven't got a clue when it comes to laptops.

I'm not looking for a fancy laptop, and I'm not interested in spending money on features I will not use.

I want a laptop that will get the job done, i.e using Microsoft office, the internet, checking emails, playing videos, skype calling etc without being slow.

I want it to have these features:
    1080p display
    Long battery life
    Bluetooth
    a dvd/cd drive
    etc..

Basically, things a teacher would do while at school.

budget is £500/600

ReputationRep:
    1080p display will inflate the price. Are you flexible about that?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/s...Gaming_Laptop/

ReputationRep:
    Only 2GB RAM? That's a gaming laptop, and sacrifices have been made in the wrong areas to account for a dedicated video card, which OP doesn't need.

I suggest this laptop instead, although if a 1080p screen isn't a necessity, even something like this will do just fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.