The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
'Even male friends'?? But they are friends. :s-smilie:

Ahahah... Haha..

You much to learn about the nature of men... :colone:
It's not about 'managing to get one'. Some people just don't want one.
Original post by Airmed
Demisexual, I'm not pretty, and the boys in my school didn't view me as a girl, they looked through me. I didn't exist. Meh. I was a nerd, I focused on my schoolwork instead. I had no time or interest or care for such things.

I have a boyfriend now at uni but he's far too good for me. He's too bloody wonderful.

Still a nerd btw, even at uni. :u:

Me aswell
i think those with low self esteem feel the strong desire at 16 to be wanted by someone else. we arent emotionally developed enough at that age to be able to sustain a long lasting and healthy relationship. experience comes with age, life experience.
Why so cynical?
Most of the guys I know are douchebags.
Original post by AngryRedhead
I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.

I think a more important question should be "How can someone get to the age of 19+ and never had a job/ever worked?"
Original post by AngryRedhead
I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.

Lol miss goody two shoes Christian 😂
Original post by welcometoib
i think those with low self esteem feel the strong desire at 16 to be wanted by someone else. we arent emotionally developed enough at that age to be able to sustain a long lasting and healthy relationship. experience comes with age, life experience.

Doesn't everybody desire to be wanted in some form or another though?

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Why so cynical?

Speaking from experience. Many a time a male who I hang out with has become attracted to me and asked me out. It never seems to stay as 'just friends' :frown:
I've been asked out a few times but rejected them all. It's not that I can't get a boyfriend, just don't want one yet. I'm personally not ready for a relationship.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Naveed-7
I think a more important question should be "How can someone get to the age of 19+ and never had a job/ever worked?"

I don't understand that either tbf
Because their mother would f*cking kill them if they did?
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Lol miss goody two shoes Christian 😂

:colondollar:

He was a really nice guy tbf; we didn't do anything serious though. We could have done if I had wanted it, however
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Man's single because like no one can handle my 9 incher ygm fam?

Spoiler

What you said was so cliche! I've heard it many times, and this doesn't necessarily apply to you but.

Normally people who say "they ain't got time for relationships", are the people who normally can't get into one in the same place.

Just saying.:tongue:
Friend zone or brother zone them like I do pretty much all the time :u:
Original post by Anonymous

Asian? If so, understandable.
Original post by ravioliyears
Friend zone or brother zone them like I do pretty much all the time :u:

Then it's just awkward
Original post by Anonymous

Understandable in that case
Original post by ravioliyears
Asian? If so, understandable.

Relatable. When us Asians find someone, it has to be straight to marriage and for life.
Because they arent that interested and have other things o be getting on with.

Latest

Trending

Trending