Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Level 3 Health & Social Care Ext Diploma | Uni Progression? Help. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I start BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in September... I want to go uni. But, I'm torn between doing Children's Nursing or Early Childhood Studies so I can do teaching for primary schools or in the Eary Year setting. But, I can't decide between the two. I got told I could do my degree in Children's Nursing and then a PGCE in the Primary Teaching for Early Years... As that way I have both pathways/options. Anyone know if this is true/possible?
    I wished I could do both Children's Nursing and Early Childhood Studies.
    Anyone got any advice/help?! Would be much appreciated - thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can do a PGCE as long as you have any degree

Have you considered looking for a joint honours degree including Education or Primary Education plus another relevant subject like Psychology for instance? Something like this would leave most doors open for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    Yes, you can do a PGCE as long as you have any degree

Have you considered looking for a joint honours degree including Education or Primary Education plus another relevant subject like Psychology for instance? Something like this would leave most doors open for you
    No I didn't know that was possible aha?🙈

I'm basically stuck between Children's Nursing degree or Early Childhood Studies degree. I wished there was a way to do both...
    I've done Level 1 Childcare and Level 2 Childcare and I have a Award in Level 2 Babysitting. Along with a Level 2 Teacher Support and Level 2 Award in Control and prevention of infection. I'm now awaiting to do Level 3 Health and Social Care. But, I wanted to know if I do Children's Nursing as my main degree. Would I be able to do a PGCE in the Early Years Teaching sector? So that way I have both Children's Nursing and the Early Childhood as then that way I have a bit of both and a back up?! Just wasn't sure as been told so many things 😓

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.