Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ideas for what to do in spare time watch

ReputationRep:
    looking for potential weekend/part time work or even volunatery work (money doesn't matter tbh), just want to do something interesting which can add value to my profile.

snapshot of cv to gauge my interests:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  current.png
Views: 171
Size:  61.9 KB
    as you can see i currently volunteer on weekends at a youth club, but i feel i can do something even more interesting and useful. any ideas would be helpful. i was consiering volunteering at an MPs office, but my local constinuence rep is a labour member and the closest tory office which i sent an email requesting voluntary work is full.

my primary interest is finance but it doesn't have to be relevant to finance.

all of my friends work now so it's kinda bland doing nothing all week, even though i should be revising for finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    looking for potential weekend/part time work or even volunatery work (money doesn't matter tbh), just want to do something interesting which can add value to my profile.

Spoiler:
    Show
    as you can see i currently volunteer on weekends at a youth club, but i feel i can do something even more interesting and useful. any ideas would be helpful. i was consiering volunteering at an MPs office, but my local constinuence rep is a labour member and the closest tory office which i sent an email requesting voluntary work is full.

all of my friends work now so it's kinda bland doing nothing all week, even though i should be revising for finals.
    I think your CV is already impressive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    I think your CV is already impressive
    thanks , then i guess just something to keep me entertained, kinda getting sick of tv shows

ReputationRep:
    I think your CV is already awesome

ReputationRep:
    ideas boys

ReputationRep:
    ideas boys
    It's difficult to suggest anything because you've already got such breadth in your cv

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

"1:1 First Class" You pleb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    It's difficult to suggest anything because you've already got such breadth in your cv
    what do you do for fun, when you're not saving lives

(Original post by VeniViciVidi)
    "1:1 First Class" You pleb
    :lol: what's it meant to be, i'm not an academic.. these things seem trivial

ReputationRep:

In my experience, those who put 1:1 are those who lie. And are plebs.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Work on some portfolios?

ReputationRep:

Depends on relationship status, if single, TSR + related interests. If taken then I go taking.

I need to do more with my life

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, those who put 1:1 are those who lie. And are plebs.
    oh, but i got a first in all my first year modules hence i just added that in

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Work on some portfolios?
    portfolios of what exactly? assets?

i don't quite follow, i don't have any worthwhile capital and trading seems to bore me

ReputationRep:
    So why you being a pleb calling it a 1:1 when that doesn't exist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Depends on relationship status, if single, TSR + related interests. If taken then I go taking.
    i actually need a girlfriend, i just realised.. what am i doing with my life :lol:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

portfolios of what exactly? assets?

i don't quite follow, i don't have any worthwhile capital and trading seems to bore me
    Yes, assets but if it bores you then fair enough, that is out of the window.

Maybe take up golf or something? Useful skill for those business 'meetings'.

ReputationRep:
    So why you being a pleb calling it a 1:1 when that doesn't exist
    oh your issue is the '1:1', i'm pretty sure i've seen it about.. if not i guess it needs changing. hasn't caused me any issues thus far however.

ReputationRep:
    Are you the new Awesome Genius?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Yes, assets but if it bores you then fair enough, that is out of the window.

Maybe take up golf or something? Useful skill for those business 'meetings'.
    i've already tried, been to golf course around 4 times... i'm so useless at the sport. i play football & table tennis though.

golf seems incredibly tedious, my arms get tired and i just get frustrated from not being able to hit the ball.. i end up just throwing the ball as far as possible and call it a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Are you the new Awesome Genius?
    didn't go oxbridge + didn't do medicine. i can't compete

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.