Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm currently studying the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at Falmouth, where I've lived for the past 4 years... I just need to figure out which uni to go to in September for my degree. My choices are either UWE Bristol, for the Drawing and Print course, or the infamous Fine Art course at Falmouth.
    Part of me thinks I should move away and have an experience in Bristol, even though the course isn't as good.. Whilst the other part of me thinks I should stay in Falmouth. Any tips? Sooo stuck!
    Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by samillz)
    Hey! I'm currently studying the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at Falmouth, where I've lived for the past 4 years... I just need to figure out which uni to go to in September for my degree. My choices are either UWE Bristol, for the Drawing and Print course, or the infamous Fine Art course at Falmouth.
    Part of me thinks I should move away and have an experience in Bristol, even though the course isn't as good.. Whilst the other part of me thinks I should stay in Falmouth. Any tips? Sooo stuck!
    Thanks!
    Well, you can go to Falmouth, or you can study on Drawing and Print at the Arnolfini (google it) on the fifth floor, overlooking the harbourside and the whole city. Fine Art as a discipline is a broad field - you need to be sure that the programme caters for you as a rounded student. If you want to draw, paint and print (the strengths of the UWE programme) then make sure that Falmouth offers you that support too. It’s up to you - and you need to make an informed choice about where to study - but make sure you consider everything about your experience as an artist over the next three years while you consider where to go.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.