The Student Room Group

Which is more popular with young people .playing fifa or watching real football?

I mean males in the uk
Reply 1
I would hope its watching it in real life, but it wouldn't surprise me if more people played fifa as it is an easier social thing to do especially in cold winter months as well.

Also you never know what you're gonna get watching real football, the match could be very boring when generally games on fifa aren't.

Personally I prefer going to the pub to watch it or go to the match.
I would guess that it goes:

Playing football
Playing Fifa
Watching football on TV
Watching football live

(with both playing options dropping lower, the older you get.)

When I worked in an english school, playing football was still hugely popular amoungst young boys and girls, and whilst they would also play fifa, not everyone had it.. and it was still (just) a second to actually playing outside.. Certianly not a distant second as it was when I was younger.. but a close second now.

There are a lot of young people who play football, but dont watch it.. but very few children/teenagers who watch football and dont ever play it.. so my guess would be that it would be as said above. Obviously live attendances fall behind tv viewing figures, so that stays bottom.
Reply 3
Yeah a lot of my friends only like football now cause they cause they started playing FIFA and they judge footballers on their FIFA ratings which really annoys me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest