Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Might be going to Prison..will be writing a book watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well I have court on May 6th for attempting to flee the police and my lawyer said usually Id get off but because my record is filled with low-level crimes its likely they will give me anywhere from 12-24 weeks. What is there to do in prison? I was thinking of writing a book whilst in there documenting my days kinda like Nelson Mandela. Im not that concerned about going to prison guess I will just stay in my cell and sleep until I am released.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Souljer)
    Well I have court on May 6th for attempting to flee the police and my lawyer said usually Id get off but because my record is filled with low-level crimes its likely they will give me anywhere from 12-24 weeks. What is there to do in prison? I was thinking of writing a book whilst in there documenting my days kinda like Nelson Mandela. Im not that concerned about going to prison guess I will just stay in my cell and sleep until I am released.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Write about your favourite TSR member.

Spoiler:
    Show

Me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought you weren't allowed to write books of that nature due to them "glorifying criminality" or some such nonsense. I might be wrong though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Write an autobiography outlining your political ideology and future plans for the country.
    And call it "My Struggle".
    And include a picture on the front of you looking towards the reader with an angry face.
    And square moustache.

ReputationRep:
    Prison break season 5!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Twelve to twenty-four weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things (bearing in mind you only spend half of your sentence, and if you're 21 or younger you'll be in a Young Offenders Institute). Personally, I think it's ridiculous that this country imprisons non-violent offenders anyway, especially when each innate costs upwards of £30,000 a year.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Its a hard knock life for us.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty no one will care about you being a random guy in jail for a low level crime, so the book would just be for you.

Do some self improvement seems like you need it. work out and think about how you could stop doing crimes

(Original post by AperfectBalance)
    In all honesty no one will care about you being a random guy in jail for a low level crime, so the book would just be for you.

Do some self improvement seems like you need it. work out and think about how you could stop doing crimes
    Agree with this, although it seems you're egging him on to commit a more serious crime. (In the first paragraph).

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think you're going to write a book.

All I see is someone posting in order to get validation. "Look at me everybody I'm such a gang-star."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fort Austin)
    I don't think you're going to write a book.

All I see is someone posting in order to get validation. "Look at me everybody I'm such a gang-star."
    How? I dont see how my situation is different to Nelson Mandelas.. Pretty sure he didn't think of himself as a "gang-star" during his time inside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    Twelve to twenty-four weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things (bearing in mind you only spend half of your sentence, and if you're 21 or younger you'll be in a Young Offenders Institute). Personally, I think it's ridiculous that this country imprisons non-violent offenders anyway, especially when each innate costs upwards of £30,000 a year.
    Nope 18 year olds go to adult prisons

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How? I dont see how my situation is different to Nelson Mandelas.. Pretty sure he didn't think of himself as a "gang-star" during his time inside.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    You definitely come across like you want validation and attention for going to prison. It's like you see yourself as edgy and dark...or like I said...a gang-star.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Is this where the £15,000 that your gfs mum gave you to ditch your gf and sleep with her, went?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    It's ridiculous that prison cost that much at all.

Google "Tent City Arizona"

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you making this up?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Is this where the £15,000 that your gfs mum gave you to ditch your gf and sleep with her, went?
    :lol: well played. I forgot about that.

ReputationRep:
    can you earn rep in prison ? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I still have 9k ish left.. How does this tie into anything.. Asif it would stop me going to prison?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope 18 year olds go to adult prisons

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you typed that without even doing a quick Google search. Under 21s go to Young Offenders Institutes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.