Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Balancing Shopping under chin (is it frowned upon) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why i got no replies in advice on everyday things. Well it is a serious question because i don't get out much and this is the only place i can get answers.

I had like two packs of flour, 1kg chips, 4 pack beans, 9 mars bars and washing tablets box.
    It was in a neat column from my waste to my chin, as i was walking out of the supermarket this charity guy started shaking is head very discreetly as i walked past and this woman also gave me a moody look.

Is there a problem with taking shopping to the car like that?

Do they not think that perhaps i didn't get a trolley is because i wasn't expecting to buy that much and there's no point going to get one.

Why whenever i get small little problems like this that i blow it up into something big and then think what other people that i look up to would think later on?

Is there anything wrong with it, what would you do if your friend did it?

ReputationRep:
    I mean it is not seen as something dishonorable or rude, but it just makes you look like a bit of a idiot to some people.

ReputationRep:
    imgur.com/gallery/dLfPsSw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    I mean it is not seen as something dishonorable or rude, but it just makes you look like a bit of a idiot to some people.
    That's what has annoyed me because then i start thinking "what would my friends think" and then i'd feel like i'd have to ask them on fb but i feel embarassed to do that.
    Then i think should i be ashamed like would people unfriend me in real life well if i had those friends living near me.

I don't understand why it's seen as an idiot though. I mean it's saving plastic bags and if you're not struggling then what's the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    I think if you had a friend that did it would you just say "haha you idiot" and then still be their friend. That's what i'm getting at in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    imgur.com/gallery/dLfPsSw
    So i'm probably overthinking then and i shouldn't be ashamed and that you wouldn't hate your friend if they did it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flyingaround)
    So i'm probably overthinking then and i shouldn't be ashamed and that you wouldn't hate your friend if they did it
    yeah haha i think so, i wouldn't worry
    i'd probably just laugh at them and wonder why they didn't purchase a bag

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, don't worry about it. If I saw someone doing this I'd probably just be mildly amused, in a good way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    Honestly, don't worry about it. If I saw someone doing this I'd probably just be mildly amused, in a good way!
    Thank you, i know it sounds like a silly question, i look back at my other questions sometimes but only after i've lived life out in other countries that i then realise that things that happen here are nothing to even think about but after a while of being at home and not going out, i tend to think things again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    yeah haha i think so, i wouldn't worry
    i'd probably just laugh at them and wonder why they didn't purchase a bag
    Good it wasn't like it was pushing my chin i just put my chin on to balance it actually then i was still ok without, i opened the car door without it on my chin. One girl smiled with me.
    I usually think it's just people being Picky because somethings different to their way of doing things and they don't think outside the box.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.