Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 525271525273Name:  Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 11.15.16.png
Views: 76
Size:  48.8 KBHey everyone, I'm trying to work out how to do a T test for the data collected for my coursework, but I'm struggling on exactly what I need to do and what sort of figures I should be getting as a result.

I have two sets of results, one is a control. I have uploaded screenshots of the first 5 sets of data in each of the tables (they both have 12 in but I don't want to upload the full tables for various reasons).

The tables show the diastolic and systolic blood pressure of volunteers before and after consumption of liquorice (or a placebo sweet) with the difference in blood pressures in the far right hand columns (before consumption on day one compared with after consumption on day 10).

What data do I need for a T test? I was planning to use this site http://www.mathportal.org/calculator...calculator.php

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: the comparison is meant to just be on systolic blood pressure, not diastolic. I have just included that for the sake of being able to see the difference and as an evaluation point.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    This may help
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf t test.pdf (87.2 KB, 84 views)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by .JC.)
    Attachment 525271525273Name:  Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 11.15.16.png
Views: 76
Size:  48.8 KBHey everyone, I'm trying to work out how to do a T test for the data collected for my coursework, but I'm struggling on exactly what I need to do and what sort of figures I should be getting as a result.

I have two sets of results, one is a control. I have uploaded screenshots of the first 5 sets of data in each of the tables (they both have 12 in but I don't want to upload the full tables for various reasons).

The tables show the diastolic and systolic blood pressure of volunteers before and after consumption of liquorice (or a placebo sweet) with the difference in blood pressures in the far right hand columns (before consumption on day one compared with after consumption on day 10).

What data do I need for a T test? I was planning to use this site http://www.mathportal.org/calculator...calculator.php

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: the comparison is meant to just be on systolic blood pressure, not diastolic. I have just included that for the sake of being able to see the difference and as an evaluation point.
    PSPP is a decent software for statistical analysis. Completely Free.
    https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/get.html

Can do a paired sample t test, and other things

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 24, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.