The Student Room Group

Communicable diseases

I was just wondering whether we need to know the symptoms and causes of some plant and animal communicable diseases
Hello asinghj,

That depends entirely on your exam board and level. :smile: Are you doing GCSEs, or A levels -- AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL?
Try asking your teacher for a specification, or look up the website of the exam board you're taking exams with and download their specification from there. If there are any particular communicable diseases that you need to know the symptoms of, it will be right there in the specification.

I am doing AQA A-level biology, and the basic causes and symptoms of a few diseases ARE in our specification. For example, we learned about tuberculosis and cholera at AS. Most of the rest we had to learn about are non-communicable, though, and most were diseases that affect humans rather than other animals or plants.
Reply 2
Original post by zabveniye
Hello asinghj,

That depends entirely on your exam board and level. :smile: Are you doing GCSEs, or A levels -- AQA, OCR, EDEXCEL?
Try asking your teacher for a specification, or look up the website of the exam board you're taking exams with and download their specification from there. If there are any particular communicable diseases that you need to know the symptoms of, it will be right there in the specification.

I am doing AQA A-level biology, and the basic causes and symptoms of a few diseases ARE in our specification. For example, we learned about tuberculosis and cholera at AS. Most of the rest we had to learn about are non-communicable, though, and most were diseases that affect humans rather than other animals or plants.

Oh yeah my bad, I'm doing OCR and have got the spec... The book and my teacher were making a huge deal out of symptoms but i don't see anything on the spec that says "symptoms of this disease"
I've asked my teacher before and I don't think we do! (i do OCR too)
Hi,
Please go over your specifications. If it is there in the specifications then you need to go over them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending