Motivation for revision???

Watch this thread
my.med.journey
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
First exam is 3 weeks and 2 days away... and I haven't started revision because I keep procrastinating. I know I should put the effort but I don't know how to revise effectively... Help anyone?
djmans
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aliceharmer15)
First exam is 3 weeks and 2 days away... and I haven't started revision because I keep procrastinating. I know I should put the effort but I don't know how to revise effectively... Help anyone?
i have the same problems i just dont want to do anything but in the back of my head i know i should revise. good luck with you exams
akawais
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by djmans)
i have the same problems i just dont want to do anything but in the back of my head i know i should revise. good luck with you exams
What grades are you working at?
my.med.journey
Rep:
(Original post by akawais)
What grades are you working at?
All A*s... I'm a good student and that's what I'm expected to get by teachers and parents... I just don't know how to revise to get the grades...
my.med.journey
Rep:
Thanks, you too!
akawais
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aliceharmer15)
All A*s... I'm a good student and that's what I'm expected to get by teachers and parents... I just don't know how to revise to get the grades...
I'm working at Cs without revision.
I want an A and the rest Bs.
djmans
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by akawais)
I'm working at Cs without revision.
I want an A and the rest Bs.
hoping to get B's or c's depending on the papers, just praying so the papers are a bit easier like jan16.
my.med.journey
Rep:
hoping to get B's or c's depending on the papers, just praying so the papers are a bit easier like jan16.
Yeah same... but I guess seeing as they were easy then, they'll be a lot harder now with lower grade boundaries. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing tbh. Any predictions on what the 6 markers questions will be for bio chem or phys?
xholmolx
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Try finding a method of revision that you enjoy. Writing notes for hours on end will get boring so try doing a creative method of revision. Mind maps and revision posters can be effective as they are fun to do and help you study. Also try incorporating colour into your revision as it will help you remember key details.
To prevent procrastinating, turn off all electronics and put them somewhere out of sight. If you can't resist using your electronics, ask a parent/carer or other family member to keep them whilst you study.
Also take 10 minute breaks every 40-50 minutes, to grab a snack or de-stress.
jazz_xox_
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
just imagine yourself on results day if you opened the envelope and didn't get the grades you want , thats what i do and it motivates me to revise good luck
my.med.journey
Rep:
(Original post by xholmolx)
Try finding a method of revision that you enjoy. Writing notes for hours on end will get boring so try doing a creative method of revision. Mind maps and revision posters can be effective as they are fun to do and help you study. Also try incorporating colour into your revision as it will help you remember key details.
To prevent procrastinating, turn off all electronics and put them somewhere out of sight. If you can't resist using your electronics, ask a parent/carer or other family member to keep them whilst you study.
Also take 10 minute breaks every 40-50 minutes, to grab a snack or de-stress.
Thank you so much, the tip on electronics sounds hard but effective! XX
my.med.journey
Rep:
(Original post by jazz_xox_)
just imagine yourself on results day if you opened the envelope and didn't get the grades you want , thats what i do and it motivates me to revise good luck
Yaass it is already working!!!! Thank youuu xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads