Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you know anyone who was a nerd/geek when they were young and now are good looking Watch

ReputationRep:
    Have you been in school, uni or work where someone you knew had the glasses braces the stereotypical look of a geek or nerd, but now looks fit and good looking since they have gotten older.

ReputationRep:
    Didnt know them at school obvs but these ppl tho.....

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Just because they were nerd/geeks does not mean they were bad looking; now they're simply more mature.

ReputationRep:
    Yes me

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jks but I did have acne, rabid eyebrows, glasses and braces. I don't now.

My sister's boyfriend had acne, glasses and braces when he was about 14. By the time he got to uni he had a six pack and all his acne had gone. Everyone thinks he's hot in a geeky way which he kind of is.

ReputationRep:

Remarkable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Didnt know them at school obvs but these ppl tho.....

Spoiler:
    Show
    TBF all three of those are like without caked-on makeup/with caked-on makeup

ReputationRep:
    You can be considered good looking even with acne/glasses/braces/whatever else you want to class as nerdy.

I don't have acne or braces but I do wear glasses (have since I was seven) and I've always hated the way glasses (and the other things mentioned above) are classed as something that needs to be removed before you can be considered good looking. Especially ridiculous when you consider how many people have the geeky/nerdy look and can still be considered (conventionally!) hot.

When I saw the advert for Ugly Betty on a bus stop and it was basically an attractive woman with braces and glasses I rolled my eyes, and I continue to roll my eyes whenever a makeover consists of putting make-up on someone, telling them to smile, and taking off their glasses.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and now she hosts the big post-Oscar party every year in Hollywood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William Pitt)
    Just because they were nerd/geeks does not mean they were bad looking; now they're simply more mature.
    That's why I said stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    Me.

Many people get better with age.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.