Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I really need some advice on accommodation. Well, I am planning to study postgraduate at Queen Mary this September. As an international, I'm either gonna take Sherren House or Qm's dorms (Chapman, Chesney, Lodge and Selincourt). So, can any one give me some reviews on both these dorms to compare?
    Thank you so much!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by akinokawa)
    Hi guys, I really need some advice on accommodation. Well, I am planning to study postgraduate at Queen Mary this September. As an international, I'm either gonna take Sherren House or Qm's dorms (Chapman, Chesney, Lodge and Selincourt). So, can any one give me some reviews on both these dorms to compare?
    Thank you so much!
    I've never stayed in Sherren House, but I have seen them and been there. Obviously they are slightly more expensive at Sherren, and further away, but it's really down to you, depending on what experience you want. If you're confident in London then there should be no problem, but I know that personally I liked being on campus, close to everything. What sort of things did you want to know? -Sarah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Mary University of London)
    I've never stayed in Sherren House, but I have seen them and been there. Obviously they are slightly more expensive at Sherren, and further away, but it's really down to you, depending on what experience you want. If you're confident in London then there should be no problem, but I know that personally I liked being on campus, close to everything. What sort of things did you want to know? -Sarah
    I'm mostly concerned about the facilities and environment of Sherren and in uni campus whether they really match the prices since Sherren's cost is 30 pounds higher per week. My friends who used to live in Sherren said that it's easier to go shopping for food, necessities and stuff. Could u give me some infor about that?

ReputationRep:
    Following this thread! I'm also interested in Sherren and would ideally like to get to know a bit more about the quality, seeing as most of the reviews I've seen online have been negative.

ReputationRep:
    I will also be pursuing my postgrad with Queen Mary for 2016/2017 and am interested in any news about this place. I'm a bit anxious because there's been too many terrible reviews abt Sherren online though I note that most of them were during 2012-2013. Hopefully things are better now?

ReputationRep:
    I am the same, i have just been emailed by Unite after submitting my list of choices a few months back which i assume means I've been placed at Sherren House. Anyone there just now who can give a positive review? starting to freak out a bit after the terrible reviews. Also Sherren wasn't my top choice, i figured they would have enough space in the QM based flats.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed my sales agent from Sherren/Unite and have asked for recent photographs. Hopefully I'll be able to hear from them soon. In the meantime, I've started browsing around for alternative housing but most of them are full or way out of my budget. More than £250p/w is beyond ridiculous no matter how great the room is.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in exactly the same boat guys! Please keep me posted if you hear back from Sherren re. recent photos. I have also e-mailed the University resident guides asking whether they think the negative reviews are justified. Doubt i'll get a completely honest reply but will let you all know what they tell me, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I've heard back from the sales agent for Sherren and these are the pictures s/he sent me:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...2F3ZjNuTjJjMXc

Place looks pretty decent and clean. If you hear of any more news/updates about this place, please share!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am planning to book a room in Sherren house, but most review in the internet are negative. Can anyone give me some review about this hall ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 11, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.