thebalrogsbro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am considering doing A level Physics but am not planning on doing Mathematics A level, can I still study the physics course or will it become too hard?
STLJA
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did A level Physics without A Level maths and managed to scrape an A so you do not need maths.You do have to be mathematically competent though, as a lot of the Qs rely on you using some sort of mathematical formula or possibly deriving some form of equation. I'd say that if you got a B or above in GCSE maths and are comfortable rearranging equations you should be ok.

The only new mathematical concept I was introduced to was the natural logarithm which is pretty easy to understand and use ( well in A level physics anyway) once you've practised a few Qs.
Laurenafenete
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I know a person a year below me who does A level physics with out A level maths (he's year 12). It is possible you may just need to work harder on some areas than people who also do maths A level, such as radians and logs. Esp logs if you are thinking of doing A level physics log10 and e are going to be things you see a lot in equations
thebalrogsbro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I guess its possible for me to do it then! If I'm working towards an A in GCSE Maths and should be able to get an A in Physics GCSE. Thanks a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (62)
17.17%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (102)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (137)
37.95%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.3%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed