Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm accepted a conditional offer to study adult nursing at stirling in September and I'm currently applying for accommodation however I'm confused; i have the option to choose 39 weeks or 54 (might not be exact). What should i pick ? And how long is year 1 for nursing students ?

ReputationRep:
    As a nursing student your in all year however you get 7 weeks off. I'm going into this year as well and I'm going for the 39 week cause then you can go private accommodation
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Rebecca.orr)
    I'm accepted a conditional offer to study adult nursing at stirling in September and I'm currently applying for accommodation however I'm confused; i have the option to choose 39 weeks or 54 (might not be exact). What should i pick ? And how long is year 1 for nursing students ?
    As a nursing student, you're in Stirling all year. It doesn't really matter which option you choose since you can just move into a private let in June if you pick the shorter tenancy. Also don't get your hopes up for getting your choice of accommodation, I put all campus flats on my application and was given Union Street, even after phoning and saying I didn't want off-campus accommodation. They tend to try and put all the student nurses together in the Union Street or Lower Bridge Street flats so they're in walking distance of the bus and train stations to get to placement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca.orr)
    Hi I am in the same postition as you firmly accepted Stirling, are you thinking to stay at the John Fory's court?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Ive applied and got my room already 😃😃

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied for accomodation yet as I am waiting for an offer for Queen's although I'll probably still pick Stirling as I haven't heard many good things about the staff at Queens. Does anyone have any images of John Forty's Court as this is where the nursing students are meant to be staying this year?

Also how do you apply as a group because my friend has applied for accommodation but there was no option for a group...?

ReputationRep:
    Type in john fortys 2016-2017 on facebook

ReputationRep:
    Also i just typed in john fortys hall in on youtube and it came up the halls

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm going to miss my car next year 😢 Are the buses excessive? Also any tips along the way would be greatly appreciated about the accomodation and course? 👍

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to miss my car next year by the luck of things😢 Is the transport excessive does anyone have any ideas? Any tips along the way would also be greatly appreciated also 👍
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Immlbt)
    I'm going to miss my car next year by the luck of things😢 Is the transport excessive does anyone have any ideas? Any tips along the way would also be greatly appreciated also 👍
    When you're at uni a 4 week bus pass is around £27 which will get you between uni and town as many times as you want. Placement costs will vary depending on where you are, but you'll usually need a 4-week student bus pass which is about £70 (you need to order a First Student ID card from their website for this price or it will be £90). If there's anything else you want to know, let me know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.