Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Can anyone help me on how to structure the exam questions? I also do the GDR module and I seem to be fine doing the exam questions for it, but, for this module I always mess them up!

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theresexx)
    Hey,

Can anyone help me on how to structure the exam questions? I also do the GDR module and I seem to be fine doing the exam questions for it, but, for this module I always mess them up!

Thanks!!
    For the essay questions aim to do 4 paragraphs: two for the arguement and two against

For the source analysis, aim to do around 3 paragraphs: one for the topic, the 2nd against but still talk about the reason and the third one also against but a different factor.

For example if it was talking about failure to reform the Communist Party was the main reason for the collapse of the USSR, you would split your first paragraph into 3 points. Depending on what the sources say, you can choose three points e.g. Glasnost, Abolition of Article 6 and streamlining the party. Your 2nd paragraph will still be talking about the political reforms but saying something like it was for example the Communist system itself that failed and not the reforms which Gorbachev implemented.For the third paragraph, pick a different factor such as failure of economic reforms - here you would be able to talk about perestroika and the twelfth five-year plan!

Hope I helped, feel free to message me if you have any questions!!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.