Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would we resort to cannibalism if we were starving? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do humans resort to cannibalism when starving? Like, lets say, if we were stranded in the desert and we found a corpse, would we eat it?

Im just wondering cause with all the starving african children, you would think cannibalism would be rampant in africa?

or is this something that we refuse to do even if we are starving to death?

serious thread.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to try some human meat :drool:
    I mean if I were to be stranded in a desert, I wouldn't hesitate to kill my guide and eat him up :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah why not?

ReputationRep:
    It's just inhumane and disgusting, and tbh how would you be able to eat a corpse without cooking it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    well if they just recently died and it's still fresh and there's a cooker somewhere with fish sauce, then yes. prolonging my life span until a documentary film crew just happen to stumble upon this island.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolakirk)
    Do humans resort to cannibalism when starving? Like, lets say, if we were stranded in the desert and we found a corpse, would we eat it?

Im just wondering cause with all the starving african children, you would think cannibalism would be rampant in africa?

or is this something that we refuse to do even if we are starving to death?

serious thread.
    It depends from person to person; but historically, there have been instances.
    Take the Russian famine of 1921(damn Bolsheviks), Holodomor famine of 1932 (damn Soviets), Great Chinese Famine (damn Commies), Siege of Leningrad (damn Nazis).

Earlier accounts as well.
    Necrocannibalism is practised more often than cannibalism (eating the dead rather than killing for food).

ReputationRep:
    Only if salt and pepper is added.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be able to live with myself with I did, and it's just disrespectful to the corpse.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.