Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of going to The University of Gloucestershire, but after looking into their code of conduct i have found out that they can evoke student based on certain convictions, one in particular called 'Sexual Misconduct'.

does anyone know what the university classifies as sexual misconduct ?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Evoke or revoke?

Presumably they are looking to see whether you have any criminal record and if any of those offences are sexual in nature. they might normally give you a hearing, but they tend to take a dim biew on violence, dishonesty, sexual offences and anything directed at vulnerable people. You might want to look at their hand book, which could give you further guidance.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So have had a look and it works like this.

For certain courses they will undertake a DBS check on you.
    At that point any cautions or convictions will come out.
    You probably have to disclose them if asked on your ucas form anyway.
    They may then call you to a panel meeting where they will ask for an explanation.
    They then decide based on that whether to let you in.

Every university will be the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    So have had a look and it works like this.

For certain courses they will undertake a DBS check on you.
    At that point any cautions or convictions will come out.
    You probably have to disclose them if asked on your ucas form anyway.
    They may then call you to a panel meeting where they will ask for an explanation.
    They then decide based on that whether to let you in.

Every university will be the same.

Thank you very much for your response! it was a great help!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you wnat to mail me which course and what offence than I cna tell you whether its relevant Alternatively the policy is online but its standard for all unis. for instance a sexually related caution would give them cause for concern in teaching, social care and nursing. It would do that whichever uni you applied to. They will find out if you have a record because they will check all applicants for that course.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.