This discussion is closed.
Acaila
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
When do you get your summer holidays? Last Friday, this Friday or this Thursday?
And how long do you get in October?
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mussed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
When do you get your summer holidays? Last Friday, this Friday or this Thursday?
I got from last Thursday - but really from the second of June which was my last exam - to the fifth of October if I'm going to Oxford
Sophetta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
My last official day of school is on Friday. I haven't been in though for the past month and a half- but I've got to go to the prizegiving on Fri I think last year I got about a week in October, can't quite remember though.
Hellsbells
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sophetta)
My last official day of school is on Friday. I haven't been in though for the past month and a half- but I've got to go to the prizegiving on Fri I think last year I got about a week in October, can't quite remember though.
What's wrong with prizegiving? Well, apart from the extreme dullness. I'm the one who should be dreading it, not you
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mussed)
I got from last Thursday - but really from the second of June which was my last exam - to the fifth of October if I'm going to Oxford
Ah so it's the 5th that we start! I take it that's for freshers' week?
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Its the dullness. And the knowing you have to stay awake for when ur name is called out. Then making sure you don't fall over and everyone laugh at you. And being confused by the chair shuffeling. And it's dull (dux speech not included). Do u no who the guestspeaker is this year?
I think it's that woman who is minister for transport or something? Oh, I always worry about tripping over I'm now reconsidering wearing my black stilletos...
Hellsbells
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Umm height or dignity? I would go with the dignity and ditch the stillettos. I'm wearing the most practical shoes ever (ie. my granny ones)

Do you mean Nicol Stephen MSP? HEs the minsiter for transport in Scotland anyway? If so why? or do you mean Boyack? But, I'm sure shes already done it?
Yeah, Sarah Boyack - I'm sure it's someone who has done it before. Ok, ditching the stilletos! I'll try to borrow my Mum's black shoes again
Acaila
Rep:
?
Ah the joys of prizegiving. Thank god I'll only have one more to suffer. :rolleyes:
So what prizes must I congratulate you two for?
Acaila
Rep:
?
Wahey!!!! {claps}

Isn't dux of the school only in fifth year though? (Hellsbells is a sixth year right?)
Acaila
Rep:
?
How confusing :confused:
At ours it's always fifth year because that's considered the important year, and people don't do so many subjects in sixth year (unless you're me :rolleyes: )
Anyway, congratulations to you both!
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got a prize for Best Dimwit :cool:
Acaila
Rep:
?
I think I'd swap my prizes for that one .
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads