Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of applying to Oxford next year for History + Politics. I have one 5 in AP World History, and will be taking the AP Lang, AP US History, as well as AP Psych exams in May. Next year I will be taking APES, AP Lit, AP Spanish, AP Comp Gov, AP Stat, and AP Micro/Macro. How many APs should I apply with and how many did you submit to get in? I know I'm only going to put relevant ones. I'm also well aware of the other requirements just need the APs

ReputationRep:
    You need at least 3 5s, so I'm sure you'll have that covered. The more, the better. They have it as a requirement for American applicants on the Oxford website.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I know I'll have the minimum, but I'm sure Oxford would want more than that lol.

ReputationRep:
    Not the same but similar-- I got an offer for PPE with 8 5s (and 3 4s but I don't think they cared about those). Also, you're required to report ALL exam scores, not just the relevant ones on UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    More is not necessarily better. More *relevant* ones can't hurt, and some of the ones you have are only 1/2 APs (check out the UCAS AP tariff chart). So to apply for HisPol you have 2 histories (World & US) and 2 English (Lit and Lang) plus Comp Gov (which, btw is actually useful in the first year politics module) so 4.5 APs that they will count. Psych, APES, Spanish, Stats and Econ are not going to hurt or help.

Lots of US applicants have way more APs than they need for Oxford, and I have seen offers conditional on 3 senior year APs (I know a HisPol who applied with 5s in World, Lang, Lit, US Gov and APES and got an offer of 5s on USH, Euro and Comp Gov). I also know a mathmo who got in with 3 SAT subject tests (but had won international math competitions & blew the MAT out of the water).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.