The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArtofProtest
I find it ironic that as a male, you are projecting your own feelings of what the veil is onto the people that choose to wear them, in an effort to curtail and subvert their choices.

If people choose to wear it, then good for them. I'm not dictating what they should do. What I'm saying is that the veil is a sign of oppression, regardless of whether women choose to wear it or not.
Original post by The_Opinion
Quick question, how many multi-billion dollar companies do you run?

Also irrelevant, as I am not a presidential candidate and running a country is fundamentally different to running a company/companies.
Original post by WBZ144
Also irrelevant, as I am not a presidential candidate and running a country is fundamentally different to running a company/companies.

So that's none then

I also take It you have no experience of running a country either.
Can't stump the trump

2016 build the wall
Original post by BaconandSauce
So that's none then

I also take It you have no experience of running a country either.

Yes, and?
Original post by WBZ144
Yes, and?

Then you are talking from a lack of experience and knowledge and your doing this to attack someone because you disagree with them

Rather petty really and rather childish.
Then you are talking from a lack of experience and knowledge and your doing this to attack someone because you disagree with them

if people can't talk and voice opinion it's a dictatorship moron
it's already happen though, censorship everywhere
so much for freedom of speech

Is that so?

In that case, don't criticise any politicians or heads of state, as you do not have experience running a country or doing their jobs. If you do then you are petty and childish.
Original post by patrickstarfish
if people can't talk and voice opinion it's a dictatorship moron
it's already happen though, censorship everywhere
so much for freedom of speech

It's OK to talk and voice an opinion but when it is formed out of ignorance it can easily be ignored

She thinks because she has been to a few different countries (hers is a failure) she has the right to level criticism at Americans for the choice they are FREE to make (but one she disagree with as it's not in the immigrants favor)

But yes Freedom of speech is important as in this case here (she's free to be ignorant and I'm free to call her out for it)
Original post by WBZ144
Is that so?

In that case, don't criticise any politicians or heads of state, as you do not have experience running a country or doing their jobs. If you do then you are petty and childish.

Yes that's right

I've never done either (but do have workplace experience of running a team of people so perhaps I can speak from a position of more knowledge than you)
you are slave to the government, son. slave.
It's OK to talk and voice an opinion but when it is formed out of ignorance it can easily be ignored

She thinks because she has been to a few different countries (hers is a failure) she has the right to level criticism at Americans for the choice they are FREE to make (but one she disagree with as it's not in the immigrants favor)

But yes Freedom of speech is important as in this case here (she's free to be ignorant and I'm free to call her out for it)

Something which you failed to do.

If you feel like someone's opinion is wrong and you disagree with it, you respond to it.

If you feel like they lack the necessary information which you possess, then you educate them.

What is reprehensible and utterly idiotic is you telling a person that they cannot express a view, because they are not qualified enough, and simultaneously, you refuse to even explicitly state your position or offer anything contrary.

You choose to bully and intimidate people and their right to freedom of speech by telling them that they are not qualified, in an effort to get them to stop posting statements which you have clearly taken issue with.

Next time you come across a post which you feel the person is not qualified to make, you either educate them (if you feel your opinion holds more weight) or you ignore them.

You do not badger them into shutting up.
Original post by Butternuts96
That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
"There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists :smile:

Oh and btw you can still find both covered and uncovered women in all "islamic" countries so the pictures of individual groups of women mean nothing. You can take pictures of both groups of women in any period of time and decide which one you want to use for your propaganda and how you wanna spin it.

But there are Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia that force women to dress this way as it's part of the country's law. Even me who is a Christian, I couldn't walk about in Saudi without wearing an abaya. Women, foreign and local, must wear an abaya in public places or they could face serious punishments such as receiving multiple lashes on the back.
Unless you're Michelle Obama (even she received backlash) there's no way in hell you have that decision in those countries i.e Saudi. I'm not saying all islamic countries are like this...Nigeria has become an Islamic state with it's current president but these laws are not enforced on it's citizens. There's no gender segregation where men and women are not allowed to sit together or even speak. If I didn't know people in Saudi, I would never go. I mean why would I? Being a woman in Saudi is difficult.
Something which you failed to do.

If you feel like someone's opinion is wrong and you disagree with it, you respond to it.

If you feel like they lack the necessary information which you possess, then you educate them.

What is reprehensible and utterly idiotic is you telling a person that they cannot express a view, because they are not qualified enough, and simultaneously, you refuse to even explicitly state your position or offer anything contrary.

You choose to bully and intimidate people and their right to freedom of speech by telling them that they are not qualified, in an effort to get them to stop posting statements which you have clearly taken issue with.

Next time you come across a post which you feel the person is not qualified to make, you either educate them (if you feel your opinion holds more weight) or you ignore them.

You do not badger them into shutting up.

You trying to get banned again old boy but my reply was to a question I was asked (you do know how this forum thing works don't you?)

If you don' like the answer to questions I have been asked that's your issue not mine and better not reply with your usual nonsense.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ahhhh, wondered how long it would take you to escalate it to threats.

You can try reporting my post and see if it gets me a blue card. Of course, you would have to find 12 such posts to actually get me banned.

I wish you all the best in your short-lived reign as "Dictator of the TSR News & Current Affairs sub-forum".

I'd not report it old boy but we know you've not made friends on here (so I'll leave it to them)

But love the faux ire you have for me when all I have done is answer a question (hint it's the '?' that gives it away)
Yes that's right

I've never done either (but do have workplace experience of running a team of people so perhaps I can speak from a position of more knowledge than you)

Yet assuming we are not from the same country you have no problem with calling mine a failure despite your lack of experience of being a citizen here?

Funny how Trump supporters bring up irrelevant matters such as the fact that he is a billionaire business men to stifle those who criticise him :tongue:. Reminds me of someone....

In that case don't criticise Muslims for their choice to follow Islam. Practice what you preach.

Freedom of speech applies to all; I am just as free to criticise people's choices as they are free to make them.
Original post by WBZ144
In that case don't criticise Muslims for their choice to follow Islam. Practice what you preach.

Freedom of speech applies to all; I am just as free to criticise people's choices as they are free to make them.

It has a direct negative impact on me and my culture so no I'll not.

Other than possibly not allowing you to culture shop to find something 'better' than your own one the American presidential race has squat to do with you.
Original post by WBZ144
Yet assuming we are not from the same country you have no problem with calling mine a failure despite your lack of experience of being a citizen here?

Funny how Trump supporters bring up irrelevant matters such as the fact that he is a billionaire business men to stifle those who criticise him :tongue:. Reminds me of someone....

We are not (hint is your previous posts on the matter give you away)

But yes yours is a failure (otherwise you'd still be there) which is why you came to try and be part of other peoples
It has a direct negative impact on me and my culture so no I'll not.

Other than possibly not allowing you to culture shop to find something 'better' than your own one the American presidential race has squat to do with you.

And I believe that Trump being elected will have a direct negative impact on my country, so I'll continue.

My country is one of America's closest allies, what America does impacts us too. Besides, even if it had nothing to do with me that does not change the fact that I am free to voice my opinion, and for someone who pretends to be against censorship you sure have a funny way of showing it.

Latest