Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically I have my real GCSE exams next week and I haven't been revising this whole time because I was slacking and I had so much coursework overdue that it took upalot of my time. in my mock exams I got really **** grades like I talking Gs, Us, Es and Ds. but I need As and Bs in my GCSE.

do you still think I can get those grades considering what I got when I didn't revise for my mocks.

IM PANICKING!!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    in all honesty, those are the grades people usually get by default -without revising. if urs start next week revise for the first subject that the exam is on. cram but cram intelligently. dont just read and let it run out your other end.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    No dount there are people on TSR who dont need to revise at all. Imo you simply need to get your backside into gear and work as hard as you cna with what time you have left. If you need A's and B's then youd better hope you work agrd and are clever.

ReputationRep:
    A* = Average
    A = Acceptable
    B = Bad
    C = Cretin
    D = Dreadful
    E = Execrable
    F = Fallacious
    G = Ghastly
    U = Unacceptable

http://y2u.be/OeNNfS0ZTnU

You are in control of your fate now. The work toward your grades will be hard, the revision boring and excruciating. You will feel like giving up. You will loathe the sight of even the easiest textbook. Do not let this bring you down. Your mock grades may well have been the grades of a large eggfish, they are mocks. Whilst they could be said to represent the grades you will ultimately achieve, they are changeable.

You will accomplish what you aim for. Keep up a high standard of work, do not let yourself slip into whatever daydream you may have been in for your mocks. A half-heated revision schedule for your GCSEs is intolerable. Everything you receive is the sum of your hard work and nothing else.

Get on with your revision and practise in a sensible but fast-paced manner, and you will do well.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys, but one last thing, in my mocks I got a u for maths but I need a c is that even possible to go from a u to c in just a week ??

Thanks again guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    basically I have my real GCSE exams next week and I haven't been revising this whole time because I was slacking and I had so much coursework overdue that it took upalot of my time. in my mock exams I got really **** grades like I talking Gs, Us, Es and Ds. but I need As and Bs in my GCSE.

do you still think I can get those grades considering what I got when I didn't revise for my mocks.

IM PANICKING!!!!
    Well do as much revision as you can during the time between now and your exams!
    It's a tall order but not an impossibility. You've just got to work extremely very hard indeed!
    Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Your past the point of having time to develop *understanding*, you just need to do as many past papers as possible and correct as you go though. Prioritize the exams that start early. It can be done but Id advise removing all distractions from your room or setting up a work space somewhere else in the house. Make sure you do the past papers to time. If you do this you wont get up and procrastinate and youll be able to find out if your exam skills are fast enough for the real thing. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    thanks guys, but one last thing, in my mocks I got a u for maths but I need a c is that even possible to go from a u to c in just a week ??

Thanks again guys
    Yes, Just do this cycle: Past paper - Mark it - Correct it/ do the question again until you get it right - Repeat, Check your grade against the grade boundary's for that year online and keep going until you achieve your target grade (or one above for insurance)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)

Thanks again guys
    Completely, a friend of mine recently went from a D to an A/A* student just by revising; maths is not a hard subject.

ReputationRep:
    Guys it's cuz my maths teacher says I will never pass maths and I'm just here like😳

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat except I still have coursework and I have a couple of weeks until my exams. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    Guys it's cuz my maths teacher says I will never pass maths and I'm just here like😳
    Dont listen to them, this will only reinforce the belief that you cant do it. You just need to work on it more, i would highly recommend looking at topics that are near the end of the paper. Trust me they aren't as hard as they appear once you know what you are doing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    basically I have my real GCSE exams next week
    What exams are they?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.