Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi I am current trying to decide between two uni's (Loughborough being one of them) and I have a few questions:
    -how much access is there to the workshops outside of lesson time, for example if I had a design I had thought of and wanted to make could I ?
    -how much cad is there and is it a large part of the course ?
    -is there more preference in making a model or cad for a project ?
    - are the industry links as good as they say they are, who have recent live projects been with ?
    - in the placement year do students get to go to large companies or only a few do, for example if I wanted to complete a year at dyson, Disney or Lego would that be possible ?
    - employment- are they mainly large companies or small and do students get approached whilst still in school or do they go and apply for jobs afterwards ?
    - are the lectures are really good?
    - is it possible to play in sport teams or are they dominated by national players ?
    Thanks so much to anymore who takes the time to answer these queries.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.