Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dating someone who is way out of your league ..... watch

Ok so I have been dating this perfect guy for about 3 weeks now. Things are going really well and he has already told me he really likes me and is serious about us.

The only problem is, he is massively out of my league!

I am a massive state and he is a very attractive med student :/

I fear that when out in public people are like wtf is he doing with her :/

I do have an interesting personality and can look ok when I make a lot of effort but still

Should I continue dating him?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you should continue dating him!!! He likes you and you like him so there's no issue. "Leagues" don't exist - as long as he thinks you're good enough for him, then that's all that matters. He clearly cares about you, and what you imagine strangers think about you on the street won't change that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so I have been dating this perfect guy for about 3 weeks now. Things are going really well and he has already told me he really likes me and is serious about us.

I do have an interesting personality and can look ok when I make a lot of effort but still

Nobody is out of anybody's league

ReputationRep:

One mans trash is another mans treasure. Don't put yourself down too much, he's obviously with you for a reason, just go with the flow and see where it takes you. P.s. Who cares what other people think as long you're happy bruv
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ofc you should continue.Imo dont go on about him being out of your league, because that will undermine you. Be confident and think you are his equal because you are and he is lucky to have you. The only opinions that matter are each others. You dont even know him yet so you might find areas he isnt as perfect as you think and you have the advantage.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest throwing a massive strop and interrogating him on how he could possibly find you attractive.

ReputationRep:
    He chose you for who you are.

Don't worry about what other people think. Be happy and continue the relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're fine! Don't worry about it. I mean, I will admit I've never quite understood why people get worried when dating someone "out of their league" because if I were in that position I would be incredibly happy more than anything, but still...if he's with you, he wants you, so there's no need to worry.

Chin up and enjoy yourself!!!

ReputationRep:
    i have done it and will do again (my only positive points are diamonds and cash)
    and yes people will look but that's their jealousy and that is a wholly undesirable trait in anybody
    so stay in the relationship
    it's a gigantic middle finger to the haters

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't understand why this is a problem, like yes everyone has those feelings that their partner is too good for them, but breaking up with them for that is basically saying 'sorry your taste in partners is so poor that you thought I was a good idea, let me make the decision for you.' You yourself said that you have attractive qualities and that he has said he's serious and super into you, so stop with the worrying about what others will think. Haters will hate regardless, so might as well rub their faces in your happiness and pride in your partner! They can go **** themselves tbh :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Yes you should continue dating him!!! He likes you and you like him so there's no issue. "Leagues" don't exist - as long as he thinks you're good enough for him, then that's all that matters. He clearly cares about you, and what you imagine strangers think about you on the street won't change that.

Yeppers.
    Don't even be grateful to him. Hes as lucky as yeh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Yeppers.
    Don't even be grateful to him. Hes as lucky as yeh.
    I have no idea why this word made me laugh so much:toofunny:

OP- Just continuing dating him. He might think that he is out of your league...who knows?

ReputationRep:
    The secret is not to view them as out our your league once you've snagged them. Because demonstratably they're not. The best way to hold on to a partner is to be confident and non possessive. So just throw yourself in to the relationship and havefun.

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is way out of my league in looks, intelligence, personality, style, basically everything. To compensate, I try especially hard to be a good, loving and supportive partner for her. So she gets a beta who tries hard rather than an alpha who might not. Amazingly, she thinks of me as alpha and herself as beta, so also makes a big effort at our relationship. The moral is to be humble and appreciate the one you love.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.