Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My psychology teacher was talking about withdrawing people from exams the other day because some of did terrible in the mocks (I did kind of okay lol) but some people completely failed both papers.

Can teachers withdraw you from this stage?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    yes up to 2 weeks before an exam. Talking about is simply that, it will be part threat for them to get moving, but you dont know how terrible they performed. I imagine you cna appeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    yes up to 2 weeks before an exam. Talking about is simply that, it will be part threat for them to get moving, but you dont know how terrible they performed. I imagine you cna appeal.
    Oh so you think she was making empty threats
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by loveleest)
    As I dint know the teacher or the pupils she was referring to then I dont know. They have the power so its possible, but I imagine she wouldnt actually withdraw unless she felt she had no choice i.e it was pointless. I wouldnt wnat to sit an exam in which I had no chance.

ReputationRep:
    .... i may get pulled out before my physics exam :cry2: goddammit we need to work harder to get a better physics grade

ReputationRep:
    As I dint know the teacher or the pupils she was referring to then I dont know. They have the power so its possible, but I imagine she wouldnt actually withdraw unless she felt she had no choice i.e it was pointless. I wouldnt wnat to sit an exam in which I had no chance.
    ah okay, I know some people that got U on both papers
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Where A levels are concerned I'd rather withdraw if I thought I had no chance of getting the grade I wanted. There seem to be plenty on TSR who dont need any revision at all or 2 weeks to go from U to A*.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of teachers tend to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. My school withdrew us from our AS exams(apart from those that are old spec)

ReputationRep:
    My psychology teacher was talking about withdrawing people from exams the other day because some of did terrible in the mocks (I did kind of okay lol) but some people completely failed both papers.

Can teachers withdraw you from this stage?
    A teacher alone, cannot
    He must have the backing of at least the head of depertment

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.