Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here currently at KCL for adult nursing? I have a couple of questions if anyone can help

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently in my first year of adult nursing at kings, what would you like to know?

ReputationRep:
    Thank for replying. Just wondered what your first terms time table was like. Are you in every day? What are the tutors like?

ReputationRep:
    To answer the first 2 questions- It depends what group you are in. For example, in my year, there's a larger number of students compared to the previous years. For clinical lessons, students are split up into mini groups of about 17. First term - students are in most days, although you may get Wednesdays off completely depending on what group you are in. (basing this info on my year, but timetables may change for next year due to complaints from the students). The tutors are quite nice, but I must warn you that not a lot of support is provided for students, especially for placement. I don't want to go into much detail, but there have been many incidences during placement due to lack of full support. Hope this is helpful in someway.

ReputationRep:
    HI

i was wondering if it was at all possible to get into adult nursing with a BCC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nshahzad96)
    HI

i was wondering if it was at all possible to get into adult nursing with a BCC
    Hi, I think with those grades, it is possible, KCL are quite lenient with entry requirements for this course as far as I know. Have you applied to KCL? Have you had an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missEA)
    Hi, I think with those grades, it is possible, KCL are quite lenient with entry requirements for this course as far as I know. Have you applied to KCL? Have you had an interview?
    Hi thanks soo much 4 ur response i feel better now

I was stressing about exams and about kcl

Many many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing the postgrad route? I'm starting in September and it would be great to get an idea of how much you're in uni (as I'll have to work ) x

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, Me too, I'm starting my pd dip in adult nursing next September and I would like to have more info regarding the program such as:how many weeks do we study in the first year? and how many hours per week we study in the teaching and the practical weeks?Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello missEA!

I am starting adult nursing at Kings in September and there are a few questions I would like to ask somebody currently on the course? Can't seem to get a response from the uni. Would you mind me picking your brain a little?....if not...

1. How soon did your placements start from the beginning of first year? And I presume up until the point of first placement timetable is purely Mon-Fri at university?
    2. How flexible do placements tend to be regarding hours (i have a part time job, so specifically wondering whether you can cut a deal with them in advance about days you may not be able to work).
    3. How far in advance of a placement do you know the hours you will be expected to work ? (again, just so I know how far in advance I can notify my boss of my availability).

Many thanks in advance! Abby

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.