Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My ability it science is atrocious . I got a btec merit last year and since i got my biology exam in may 17 and chemistry 2 days l8 im on course to get a u . Should i focus on my other subjes and forget about science. Lets be honest theirs no time to get a c in science
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So touve gine from a BTEC merit to a GCSE U? If you don't think you will make it after an honest appraisal, then I would just withdraw from the exam and as you say focus on something else. Withdrawing maintains a clean record. btw its not worth a mental collpase, you cna only do what you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waleed29)
    My ability it science is atrocious . I got a btec merit last year and since i got my biology exam in may 17 and chemistry 2 days l8 im on course to get a u . Should i focus on my other subjes and forget about science. Lets be honest theirs no time to get a c in science
    Firstly, you do have enough time to cover the content, even though it might not seem like it. GCSE content is easy to self teach. So don't give up.

I do triple science and I revise the modules by making flashcards with questions on the front and answers on the back. Then quiz myself regularly.

I then do past papers and look at the mark schemes - by using this method you should be able to get high grades! I used this method since September and got A* and As in the mocks. You can do it!

Also focus on maths and English language because they are the most important GCSEs - but try to focus on at least 5. As you need 5 passes for college / sixth form

You can ask me if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imHappy)
    Firstly, you do have enough time to cover the content, even though it might not seem like it. GCSE content is easy to self teach. So don't give up.

I do triple science and I revise the modules by making flashcards with questions on the front and answers on the back. Then quiz myself regularly.

I then do past papers and look at the mark schemes - by using this method you should be able to get high grades! I used this method since September and got A* and As in the mocks. You can do it!

Also focus on maths and English language because they are the most important GCSEs - but try to focus on at least 5. As you need 5 passes for college / sixth form

You can ask me if you have any other questions.

Good luck.
    You need 5 GCSE's to get onto a decent course on a good college.
    I know someone who wants to do catering, but only needs 4.

However, the fact that you care about you're GCSE's to come on here and ask, Creates the impression you want to do well, so I would aim on getting 5 A*-C or more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    You need 5 GCSE's to get onto a decent course on a good college.
    I know someone who wants to do catering, but only needs 4.

However, the fact that you care about you're GCSE's to come on here and ask, Creates the impression you want to do well, so I would aim on getting 5 A*-C or more.

I DO know you need 5 GCSEs to get into a decent college! And i am going to aim for more than 5 GCSEs .

For your information - I am focusing on passing all my GCSEs with A/A*. I was just giving OP advice as they were struggling.

You don't need to be rude. And I didn't ask for your opinion😁

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.