The Student Room Group

On the verge of a mental collapse

My ability it science is atrocious . I got a btec merit last year and since i got my biology exam in may 17 and chemistry 2 days l8 im on course to get a u . Should i focus on my other subjes and forget about science. Lets be honest theirs no time to get a c in science
So touve gine from a BTEC merit to a GCSE U? If you don't think you will make it after an honest appraisal, then I would just withdraw from the exam and as you say focus on something else. Withdrawing maintains a clean record. btw its not worth a mental collpase, you cna only do what you can do.
Reply 2
Original post by waleed29
My ability it science is atrocious . I got a btec merit last year and since i got my biology exam in may 17 and chemistry 2 days l8 im on course to get a u . Should i focus on my other subjes and forget about science. Lets be honest theirs no time to get a c in science

Firstly, you do have enough time to cover the content, even though it might not seem like it. GCSE content is easy to self teach. So don't give up.

I do triple science and I revise the modules by making flashcards with questions on the front and answers on the back. Then quiz myself regularly.

I then do past papers and look at the mark schemes - by using this method you should be able to get high grades! I used this method since September and got A* and As in the mocks. You can do it!

Also focus on maths and English language because they are the most important GCSEs - but try to focus on at least 5. As you need 5 passes for college / sixth form

You can ask me if you have any other questions.

Good luck.
Original post by imHappy
Firstly, you do have enough time to cover the content, even though it might not seem like it. GCSE content is easy to self teach. So don't give up.

I do triple science and I revise the modules by making flashcards with questions on the front and answers on the back. Then quiz myself regularly.

I then do past papers and look at the mark schemes - by using this method you should be able to get high grades! I used this method since September and got A* and As in the mocks. You can do it!

Also focus on maths and English language because they are the most important GCSEs - but try to focus on at least 5. As you need 5 passes for college / sixth form

You can ask me if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

You need 5 GCSE's to get onto a decent course on a good college.
I know someone who wants to do catering, but only needs 4.

However, the fact that you care about you're GCSE's to come on here and ask, Creates the impression you want to do well, so I would aim on getting 5 A*-C or more.
Reply 4
Original post by Bulletzone
You need 5 GCSE's to get onto a decent course on a good college.
I know someone who wants to do catering, but only needs 4.

However, the fact that you care about you're GCSE's to come on here and ask, Creates the impression you want to do well, so I would aim on getting 5 A*-C or more.

I DO know you need 5 GCSEs to get into a decent college! And i am going to aim for more than 5 GCSEs .

For your information - I am focusing on passing all my GCSEs with A/A*. I was just giving OP advice as they were struggling.

You don't need to be rude. And I didn't ask for your opinion😁
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest