Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: are you reluctant to approach intimidating girls watch

People have told me due to my 'resting ***** face' they were initially scared to talk to me ... I'm wondering if this is why guys don't come up to me

Don't want to sound like a **** but I've had people tell me I'm pretty and stuff and anyway anyone can be chatted up etc so I don't get why I'm never approached ...?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have a problem approaching them. But it would be more of a platonic approach. I'd probably not be able to ask them out.

I do find intimidating girls and '*****es' really attractive for some reason

ReputationRep:
    I'm reluctant to approach random girls fullstop, it just seems like such a creepy thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    I wouldn't have a problem approaching them. But it would be more of a platonic approach. I'd probably not be able to ask them out.

So did I, then I dated one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    So did I, then I dated one.
    I know they'll be trouble, and it will probably end badly. But I still can't shake the attraction. I'm a tiny bit masochistic when it comes to a certain type of girl

Maybe just once, and when I realize that its awful; never again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhagwanNoBhool)
    I'm reluctant to approach random girls fullstop, it just seems like such a creepy thing to do
    If you do it in a creepy way it is.

ReputationRep:
    I am quite reluctant to approach random girls

ReputationRep:

eyyyyyy so the ***** act works on some boys then yeah ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    People have told me due to my 'resting ***** face' they were initially scared to talk to me ... I'm wondering if this is why guys don't come up to me

Don't want to sound like a **** but I've had people tell me I'm pretty and stuff and anyway anyone can be chatted up etc so I don't get why I'm never approached ...?
    I've also had people say they think I look quite intimidating and are hesitant to talk to me at first. But once people talk to me they realise I'm actually a fluff ball :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MevMev)
    eyyyyyy so the ***** act works on some boys then yeah ??
    Definitely. I often find them very attractive, while still hating them

ReputationRep:
    Why should I waste my time talking to a girl who puts on a resting ***** face just to make herself feel better when I could talk to girls who are actually a bit more receptive to my attention? Any girl who looks intimidating is probably too afraid of talking to guys and would probably act up and behave badly if I made any effort with her. Bros need to have some self-respect and go for girls who are actually nice to look at as well as talk to.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. I often find them very attractive, while still hating them
    i think you would like (yet simultaneously hate) me then haha

ReputationRep:

This is why i have very few friends

ReputationRep:

lol I have resting ***** face syndrome and idec cause I still look hot.
    If there's a guy that can't approach me bc of it just cause I "look mean", good, I don't want a pussy n1gga like that in my life lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MevMev)
    i think you would like (yet simultaneously hate) me then haha
    You haven't seemed like a ***** from the few times we've talked though :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    You haven't seemed like a ***** from the few times we've talked though :laugh:
    i keep that side hidden

ReputationRep:

A lot of people lack self belief and therefore won't approach a really hot girl or somebody who looks *****y simply because they expect rejection and see little point. There is logic to it to be fair.

With all that i said above i should say that i am aware that i don't have such a normal lack of self belief and provided you did not verbally be *****y to me, would indeed approach you. So don't be too down, some men will still approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slc98)
    I've also had people say they think I look quite intimidating and are hesitant to talk to me at first. But once people talk to me they realise I'm actually a fluff ball :cute:
    sometimes for me sometimes not.....

ReputationRep:
    Id find ir hard ti aproach an intimidating girl but i do want someone intimidating as my girlfriend! I can then become not intimidated by them whilst everyone else is!!!!
    But its harder to approach people who are intimidating but not impossible!
    Its an attractive quality!!

ReputationRep:
    The aloof demeanour can be a bit intimidating but also alluring with a pretty girl, in a can I melt an ice maiden sort of way. Never heard of a 'resting ***** face' mind. Perhaps smile a bit more

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.