The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im suprised many people didnt realise there were two sheets, as soon as i opened mine, there were 3 directly in front of me. Even the moderators said you should have 3 seperate extracts, 2 for one and 1 for another.
Reply 2
Higher english language
Reply 3
Higher - there's loads of discussion about this in the 'Have AQA cheated us?' thread. Personally, I don't think there was anything wrong with it - you have to look at everything very carefully, and since there was obviously another page you should really check everything more than once.
aaah what 3 extracts???

i only had 2- bbc and carphone warehouse! haha

x
Reply 5
For us we were told there will be a single and double page spread. And I think that Item 2 was inside the BBC extract.

So I can't personally see how people could have missed them, surely the centre would have all had the same information to relay onto the candidates.
Reply 6
Yes but he means the BBC extract was a double page.

TBH it wasn't that wll prepared by aqa i woudl say...a bit "slap dash"...
Reply 7
the moderators said nothing .. they didnt even inform us went to start section 2 ...

aqa have comfimed this lach of organsisation as i have been intouch with them personally

i guess im gna have to make up for it in tmoz exam

gud luk

x
Reply 8
DanielWhit however that was a different school with different moderators
Reply 9
Max_L
Higher - there's loads of discussion about this in the 'Have AQA cheated us?' thread. Personally, I don't think there was anything wrong with it - you have to look at everything very carefully, and since there was obviously another page you should really check everything more than once.

That's true, I always just read through all the material (answer book plus extracts) just so I can get my head round it first. And things that don't seem right I look at again... It's better to drop one mark by rechecking it than 27 by totally missing it.
Reply 10
the page had to number , or title no fig ect .. lach of orgasnisation
English lang prediction : A* ( doubt that now :frown: )
Reply 11
the page had to number , or title no fig ect .. lach of orgasnisation
English lang prediction : A* ( doubt that now :frown: )
Reply 12
...its not like i left it blank
Reply 13
Gibz
DanielWhit however that was a different school with different moderators

True, but it still doesn't make it AQAs fault about the way it was laid out. The material was all there, and I swear I remember reading on the front page that it's two pages for Item 1.
Reply 14
Moderators are not allowed to inform pupils when to start sections...it is ur paper...u manage the time urself...why do you think they reset the clocks to an even number such as 1:30 or 2:00 etc, so you can clearly manage the time.

I dont agree with many on you on this aspect of the items...if you didnt realise there was 3 then you didnt really organise your notes (i know some of you did) and tbh the last line on the first page of the BBC thing was 70% of teenagers have one (referring to a phone)...climatic ending wouldnt you say...

im sure teachers in numerous schools have informed this to AQA but i believe AQA will simply disregard the comments made...they will simply say in my opinion 'tough', your candidates didnt look properly and organise and mange the notes...we gave what was needed...the pupils didnt use what was given.
Reply 15
i had item 1 and item 2

item 1 was, 2 pages... they folded out to be two A4 sheets side by side

item 2 was, 1 page... just a crappy mobile advert with hardley any text!

Am i right?
Reply 16
military
i had item 1 and item 2

item 1 was, 2 pages... they folded out to be two A4 sheets side by side

item 2 was, 1 page... just a crappy mobile advert with hardley any text!

Am i right?

Yeh that's correct. Gibz I'm sorry but I don't see how it wasn't organised. Were you not even told to check the insert before the exam by your moderator?
Reply 17
How could you miss it. It was a folded sheet. Didn't you wonder why they would provide you with a folded A3 sheet with something printed on only one side? Like someone said before I just opened it and it was right there. You would need to open it to get the other item out anyway :s-smilie:
Reply 18
ok kool feeeww, i was getting a little worried just then lol
Reply 19
You always need to read the front of the paper, and check every side of every piece of paper that is on your desk. I know it sounds harsh, but it's your own fault if you make a mistake like this. I made loads of mistakes in the mock exams regarding mis-reading questions, missing sheets of paper, and missing some questions altogether, but I admit that it was my fault for not being careful enough. At the end of the day, it's not worth worrying over, as the exam is over now.

Latest