Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls whats it like when a guy asks for your number ? watch

I like this girl at work and its going ok, we have spoken a few times. However I just want to know, if you guy you knew asked you for your number how would you react ?

Even if you said know would you find it like attractive, ie thinking he wants me number he may like me ?

Shes going to have a week off now from work so i'll probably say something like, I wont see you for a while now so can I text you or something like that ?

Im going to ask her regardless so long as im sat next her, but I just want to know what a usual reaction is. Im just wanting to talk to her more, I wouldnt ask her out or anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, it's nothing. Just be casual. You know her so it's ok.

This week I was approached by two guys who asked me for my number while I was stood with my phone and they were like 'lemme just ring you so you've got mine too'. Now that really pisses me off. I wouldn't have given them a fake number but I'd like the option :lol: I'm a lot happier to be approached if I'm not holding my phone

If someone I worked with asked for my number I wouldn't think anything of it, it doesn't mean anything. A bunch of guys at work have taken my number. It's handy when you work with people.

(Original post by DeceitfulDove)

This week I was approached by two guys who asked me for my number while I was stood with my phone and they were like 'lemme just ring you so you've got mine too'. Now that really pisses me off. I wouldn't have given them a fake number but I'd like the option :lol: I'm a lot happier to be approached if I'm not holding my phone

If someone I worked with asked for my number I wouldn't think anything of it, it doesn't mean anything. A bunch of guys at work have taken my number. It's handy when you work with people.
    Tbh, I think she will say no but not a proper no, only a no so she doesnt look 'easy'. But im going to try it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Shes going to have a week off now from work so i'll probably say something like, I wont see you for a while now so can I text you or something like that ?
    Don't do this it sounds crap.

What you are probably thinking is you just want some "contact" with her for the sake of it so she will go away and get some random boring texts that she will have to reply to and then she will think of you as someone who's a bit irrating.

Just be cool and natural around her at work and read the vibes. Ask yourself honestly, do you think that she is interested, and if you honestly don't get those vibes, then as it's a work thing don't try anything.

If she seems like she enjoys chatting to you and finds reasons to chat to you and asks you about your life outside of work then it offers you an "in" to chat about stuff you do socially and ask if she'd like to meet up, then you can exchange numbers, see how it goes. But if when you chat she's just doing polite, formal chat and not appearing to make the effort or look interested in more then best to leave it.

(Original post by DeceitfulDove)

If I ask a bit early does it seem desperate ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.