The Student Room Group

GCSE German - Is this sentence correct?

Is the following sentence grammatically correct and does it make sense?

In der Zukunft, verspreche ich den Abfall zu kompostieren aber ich hätte soll mehr tun, um die Umwelt zu schützen.

I intend for it to say, "In the future, I promise to compost the waste but I would have to do more in order to protect the environment.

Thanks
Original post by loginrunner
Is the following sentence grammatically correct and does it make sense?

In der Zukunft, verspreche ich den Abfall zu kompostieren aber ich hätte soll mehr tun, um die Umwelt zu schützen.

I intend for it to say, "In the future, I promise to compost the waste but I would have to do more in order to protect the environment.

Thanks

Ich verspreche, zukünftig meinen Bioabfall zu kompostieren, aber ich sollte mehr tun, um die Umwelt zu schützen.

if you write 'In der Zukunft verspreche ich...' you're saying that you are going to promise something at some point in the future; you are not promising now
Original post by grizzlybär
Ich verspreche, zukünftig meinen Bioabfall zu kompostieren, aber ich sollte mehr tun, um die Umwelt zu schützen.

if you write 'In der Zukunft verspreche ich...' you're saying that you are going to promise something at some point in the future; you are not promising now

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending