Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice. I've hated my teeth for ages, my two front teeth sort of 'overlap' the ones either side and therefore come out further. They all line up except my top two front ones and it's so annoying to me! I've been told twice that I can't have braces which is also annoying as it's 'not a big enough issue'. I just don't know what to do to straighten them. If my front teeth were a little narrower would it allow them to sit in line with the others and not overlap? Please help!
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (315.3 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Wow you sound just like me O.o
    I so know how you feel.
    Have you got a pic?

ReputationRep:
    Well... you can either save up for your own braces or...
    You can be a smartass like this guy and create your own braces http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcn...y-orthodontics

Another option is to check groupon, they do really good deal on 6 month braces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Wow you sound just like me O.o
    I so know how you feel.
    Have you got a pic?
    So annoying ikr, yeah I'll put one up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #aspiring)
    Cool

I have a similar-ish case. I did get referred to several orthodontists and they said that if you wanted them, you'd have to get them done privately which can cost up to £3000.
    So getting them done privately could be an option. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    image didn't work

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I have a tooth that sits further forward than the rest and it annoys the heck outta me.

Braces are really the only way that it's gonna change - and as it's not enough to be considered a medical issue, there's three options:

- deal with it (my strat for now)
    - save up for orthodontic alignment
    - what loveleest shared (genius idea)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    I have a similar-ish case. I did get referred to several orthodontists and they said that if you wanted them, you'd have to get them done privately which can cost up to £3000.
    So getting them done privately could be an option. :dontknow:
    Well I went to an orthodontist a couple months ago and they said if I wanted braces I would have to pay £1400 for both top and bottom. It was like half that for just the top but they said doing that could mess up my bite. I just don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    I had that but I ended up getting braces. The orthodontist said that I didn't need them for medical reasons so my parents paid for me to get them put in. It's best to get them in before you turn 18, because the prices hike once you become an adult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G-mute1995)
    I had that but I ended up getting braces. The orthodontist said that I didn't need them for medical reasons so my parents paid for me to get them put in. It's best to get them in before you turn 18, because the prices hike once you become an adult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's looking like I'm gonna have to pay for braces which is so annoying. People are so lucky to get them for free haha, would you say £1400 is cheap for braces?

Well I went to an orthodontist a couple months ago and they said if I wanted braces I would have to pay £1400 for both top and bottom. It was like half that for just the top but they said doing that could mess up my bite. I just don't know what to do
    You can ask your dentist to refer you to another one to get a difference of opinion.
    Go to a few to get a variation of opinion and prices can sometimes differ too.
    (I did the same and they all said no )

ReputationRep:
    You can ask your dentist to refer you to another one to get a difference of opinion.
    Go to a few to get a variation of opinion and prices can sometimes differ too.
    (I did the same and they all said no )
    Thanks but the trouble is there's like one orthodontist where I live and the waiting lists take ages. But if I decide I want braces I could phone up and probs be in there within a week cause i'm an 'important' customer now that i'm interested in giving them my money

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's looking like I'm gonna have to pay for braces which is so annoying. People are so lucky to get them for free haha, would you say £1400 is cheap for braces?
    £1400 is pretty good. Mine cost more than that, so I'd say that that is a reasonable price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks but the trouble is there's like one orthodontist where I live and the waiting lists take ages. But if I decide I want braces I could phone up and probs be in there within a week cause i'm an 'important' customer now that i'm interested in giving them my money
    You can also have a look at phoning Private ones too. There's more of those around than you think.

ReputationRep:
    You can also have a look at phoning Private ones too. There's more of those around than you think.
    I'll get looking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G-mute1995)
    £1400 is pretty good. Mine cost more than that, so I'd say that that is a reasonable price.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.