The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lou p
me and my 2 brothers were talking in the car the other day and realised that between us we have:

13 different subjects at AS standard

and then 10 of those are right up to A2 level

can anyone beat this for variety in a family? or are there people who've done exactly the same subjects as siblings?

lou xxx

nah but i bet i can wipe the floor with them ( grades wise )
Reply 2
I won't beat it but I'll share anyway.

I've got (hopefully) A-Level maths, economics and accounting, and AS further maths and politics.

My younger brother has just done AS English language, psychology, sociology, media studies and general studies.

You can see who the clever one in the family is then :cool:
lou p
me and my 2 brothers were talking in the car the other day and realised that between us we have:

can anyone beat this for variety in a family? or are there people who've done exactly the same subjects as siblings?

lou xxx

even tho iv gt 1 big bro and 1 big sis bt im the first 1 who did A-level, my lil sis is gona do IB probably.
Reply 4
DazYaZZZ
nah but i bet i can wipe the floor with them ( grades wise )

i wasn't asking for grades :rolleyes: and as neither me or my twin have A level grades yet you only have my older brother to go on

lou xxx
Reply 5
ZJuwelH

We can? :smile:

A-level subject choices and grades aren't much of an indicator of intelligence. And since I'm an only child and the only one in my family that's ever done A-levels, I can safely say that there isn't that much diversity in my family.
Reply 6
ZJuwelH
I won't beat it but I'll share anyway.

I've got (hopefully) A-Level maths, economics and accounting, and AS further maths and politics.

My younger brother has just done AS English language, psychology, sociology, media studies and general studies.

lol, it's like that in my family- (AS subjects are in brackets), my older brother is so intelligent and me and my twin are just average. and we all do such different subjects

my older brother- chemistry, physics, gen studies, english literature (geography)

me- maths, psychology, philosophy, gen studies, (critical thinking), (economics)

my twin- economics, history, english langauge, gen studies (theatre studies)

lou xxx
Reply 7
Squishy
We can? :smile:

He's a right dosser. I'm the golden boy.
Reply 8
ZJuwelH
He's a right dosser. I'm the golden boy.

We can see who inherited the humility too. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Squishy
We can see who inherited the humility too. :biggrin:

One trait that sadly escaped my ancestors :tongue:
lou p
i wasn't asking for grades :rolleyes: and as neither me or my twin have A level grades yet you only have my older brother to go on

lou xxx

i know, but i'm just saying :wink:
Reply 11
DazYaZZZ
i know, but i'm just saying :wink:

fine go on then... what grades do you have? (actually have on a piece of paper, not predicted)

lou xxx
Reply 12
my oldest brother did the physics, chem and maths for a level. my next older brother did physics, chem, economics, maths , f maths. for a2 he did f maths, phys, econ. i am planning to do the same AS as my brother and most likely the same A2s. :cool:
and my sister did chem, bio and maths for a2, physics to AS
Reply 13
Undry1
my oldest brother did the physics, chem and maths for a level. my next older brother did physics, chem, economics, maths , f maths. for a2 he did f maths, phys, econ. i am planning to do the same AS as my brother and most likely the same A2s. :cool:
and my sister did chem, bio and maths for a2, physics to AS

oooh sciency family (unlike my own who all seem to be very vague and random with our options)

lou xxx
Reply 14
lou p
oooh sciency family (unlike my own who all seem to be very vague and random with our options)

lou xxx

that's true. we all hate (well me anyway :wink: ) english language :mad: and literature :mad: and most other arts subjects :frown: .
Lolz.. I can't beat that coz' my little sister is still in year 7, but between my brother and I, we'll have

Maths, Further Maths, Econs (both of us)
Bio, Chemistry, English Language (my brother)
History, English Literature, General Studies

So that's 9 subjects between 2 of us. I've carried it onto A2 and my brother is going to do the same :smile:.
Reply 16
lou p

lou xxx

i myself up to AS have done maths, physics, chem, psy, eng lit, eco, politics n gen studies!! lol n predicted AAAB in eco politics general studies n eng lit respectively at A2 BEAT THAT!!!!!!!

(mind u it was cos i had n extra yr)
Reply 17
Well, my sister (who will be starting yr 12 in September) and I have no subjects in common whatsoever.

I did English Lit, Geography, History and Maths. She plans to study Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology.

My younger brother is only 12 at the moment, so its a bit early to predict his A-Level choices. Perhaps we'll end up w/ 12 different subjects between us (if A-Levels are still around in a few years)
Reply 18
Yep. Maths, Further Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Chem, Russian, French, Philosophy AS for me.

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Spanish, Russian, French, Economics for my sister.
Reply 19
Worryingly, my brother and I share only two subject discrepancies at GCSE and A-Level combined.

GCSE: He chose French where I chose Graphic Products.
A-Level: He chose French where I chose History.

Latest

Trending

Trending