Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay so he isn't properly my teacher; he's one of those people who might be training to be a teacher and teaches our class for a bit before our proper teacher continues for the rest of the lesson. It's a year 12 history class and quite big and so far we've only had two lessons with Mr B (each lesson lasting two hours), and the first lesson I kept catching him looking at me - I'd look up and he'd quickly glance away and it happened a few times and was quite odd.
    In our second lesson it kept happening again and I'm not sure what to think! He seems nice when he's teaching but when he sits back down for the rest of the lesson I find myself making incredibly awkward eye contact since becoming aware of him looking..
    I don't mind that much and he probably won't be here long as he seems to be a trainee teacher, but I have considered the possibility that he might fancy me a bit, which is very unnerving with him supposedly looking to become a teacher!
    I just wanted to tell somebody anonymously! I'm not sure what to think!

ReputationRep:
    Decided to keep this short.

Don't read too much into it unless something happens. Sometimes teachers just keep an eye on certain pupils more than others (and it's totally innocent).
    So, unless something happens to make you feel incredibly uncomfortable and eye contact doesn't count, just pass it off as nothing, otherwise you will land yourself and him in really hot water...

ReputationRep:
    Deffo reading into this a bit. It might be that he thought he recognised you or something equally as innocent, caught you spotting his staring, and then became equally as awkward himself. And now every time he glances at you, you catch his stare, and he probably thinks "oh **** she thinks I fancy her" or something.

I really don't think a trainee teacher has the time, resources to even think about that sort of thing tbh.

(Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Decided to keep this short.

Don't read too much into it unless something happens. Sometimes teachers just keep an eye on certain pupils more than others (and it's totally innocent).
    So, unless something happens to make you feel incredibly uncomfortable and eye contact doesn't count, just pass it off as nothing, otherwise you will land yourself and him in really hot water...
    I completely agree, though I'm pretty sure this is different to a teacher keeping a watchful eye (particularly considering I'm 16 and unlikely to be 'disturbing the class'). He is new though and in his 20s so might be unaware of his staring

(Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Deffo reading into this a bit. It might be that he thought he recognised you or something equally as innocent, caught you spotting his staring, and then became equally as awkward himself. And now every time he glances at you, you catch his stare, and he probably thinks "oh **** she thinks I fancy her" or something.

I really don't think a trainee teacher has the time, resources to even think about that sort of thing tbh.
    Haha maybe, that's a horrible thought - that he may think I have some childish crush on him. I'm sure if I just don't look at him next lesson then in following lessons the weird staring will stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I completely agree, though I'm pretty sure this is different to a teacher keeping a watchful eye (particularly considering I'm 16 and unlikely to be 'disturbing the class'). He is new though and in his 20s so might be unaware of his staring
    Given I'm 21 and when I was a volunteer TA in a science class for years 7-9 up until around a month ago (am currently about to finish my 2nd year at uni doing a Biomedical Science degree with the intention of doing a PGCE), I was told to keep an eye on certain students who may need a bit of help etc... not saying you do but it was an instruction I followed.

So, like I said, don't read too much into it.
    Seriously, male teachers get quite a bit of *hit given their access to kids.
    Is there also any chance he was alternating his gaze between you and a few other students and didn't want to be noticed/tried to do this secretly?

Like I said, don't read too much into it unless he does something to make you uncomfortable and like I said, eye contact doesn't count as being weird...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.