The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Edexcel exam - cannot be discussed until 4:30am tomorrow morning.
Reply 2
oooops
Now we can discuss about the exam...:smile:

I felt the chemistry paper was by far the easiest one. Biology was OK, but physics didn't go as well as I wanted it to. But the chemistry will make up for it I think.
Yeah chemistry was definitely the easiest. What the hell was that graph question on the physics paper?!
Which one?
Where you had to draw the graph with a line of best fit
Wasn't that the Biology one, or am I thinking of something else?
haha oh I don't know anymore, GCSEs are driving me insane. On the paper I wrote biscuit instead of circuit.
Yeah it's the same with me.

I found Chemistry great and reckon I would have got between a minimum of 25/30. It'll make up for a lot of my mistakes on the other papers.

I found Biology okay but I was thrown off by some of the first questions because of the wording of them. It picked up reasonably well from there.

For the question on heroin, what did people put down?
I mentioned how heroin is a legitimate legal drug that may be prescribed by a doctor to relieve pain and also in use for those patients who are terminally ill and have cancer.

Physics didn't go too well. Well the timing for it sure as hell didn't.

It took me quite a while to work out how to break down the plotting of the big graph of that diode question. God I hope I got 3 marks on that. For the question below it, did people put something around the lines that current in a diode can only flow in one direction? It was a one mark question anyways...

The fibre glass one was rather awkward too. I mentioned quite a lot about it trapping air, which is a good insulator anyway, so it reduces the loss of heat energy by reducing conduction and convection. I also put a note saying how glass is a good insulator and doesn't conduct heat...

Oh and those space questions...damn. For the ideas part, I put down that the scientist in the 1700s would have published his discoveries by hand wheras the 2005 one would have released it to the media via internet, tv...etc.

I don't know if I've lost the chance to get an A* in science.
I certainly hope I can still get it or a minimum of an A if it went that bad...
All the answers you mentioned sounded pretty good to me, they're what I put down anyway. Your fibreglass answer sounds wayyy better than mine. I was just like it traps...air which is.... good.... for insulation...
Reply 11
yh hbk91, u got exact asnwers as me, bit re-assured now! lol What u guys put for chemistry 1 bout effect of 50cm on rate of reaction??? And the gall bladders ston one on the physics?
abbs_aly
yh hbk91, u got exact asnwers as me, bit re-assured now! lol What u guys put for chemistry 1 bout effect of 50cm on rate of reaction??? And the gall bladders ston one on the physics?

I said no effect as 25cm already completed the reaction because the CO2 stopped being produced... something like that. The gall bladder stone I had no idea, I put the ultrasound would be at the same frequency and so make it vibrate and shatter?
Reply 13
What did u guys say for the first few q's on the biology. I think it was blood sugar reduced because food is absorbed into the blood<--- got that 1 wrong and what did u get for the balancing of the pentane bromine water q? Also what did u put for the ATCG bases thingy. Hopefully I can still get an A* on this. Got 53/60 in my coursework and 16.6%/20% in my modules.
Reply 14
well for blood glucose i said it was used up in respiration, and bases 1 i put A-T and C-G
Hmmm...for the Chemistry one, I put down that increasing the concentration would effectlively increases the number of successful collisions thus increasing the rate of the reaction. I said that doubling the volume would double the rate of reaction...damn I hope I get at least one or two marks out of the three now.

What did you guys label for Q1 of Biology?
Couldn't believe I was stuck...I labelled the pancreas...

For the question below it, I said that the enzyme only helps to break carbohydrate into smaller molecules in order for it to be digested and absorbed into the blood.

Oh and yeah A-T, C-G for those ones.

What about the stuff on those plants?
Think there was 3 or 4 marks on that one.
Reply 16
i screwed up on the bases but for the DNA i put the plaintain has a larger sureface area so there's more of a chance of acid rain falling on it.

Chemistry paper i straight Pwned. Only got confused with the reaction between pentane and bromine water. Methane was Ch (small 4) + 2O(small 2) ---> CO(small 2) + 2H(small 2) O. Im glad i went over all of the formulas before the exam took place. Module 6 i kinda struggled on. The question about gall bladders was very very confusing.
hbk91 i put pancreas but someone told me that was wrong because the enzyme is produced there but not added to food there =(

Physics sucked man i was predicted A* but i messed up man!
Reply 18
I found biology pretty weird to be honest. I had revised loads for it and nothing seemed to come up. The chemistry was very easy physics wasn't too bad but biology aaaaarggh lol. What did people put for question two on bio about the potato? was only worth one mark. I put the same as you for the plantain rye225.
Reply 19
on potatoes i put that the potato already contains simple sugars. I think it was most probably wrong.

What did u guys put for the pentene and bromine water???

Latest