Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He won't spend time with me.. Will I end my relationship? watch

ReputationRep:
    My partner and I have been together for just over a year now. I was with my previous partner for two years and he was very controlling, didn't allow me to go out or see my friends at all. It wasn't a healthy relationship.. Now my current partner is the opposite, he lets me do whatever I want and I get to be myself around him which is exactly what you want right? However, he doesn't spend as much time with me as I would like to. We see each other on average about three times a week.. Each time, its me that has to ask him to see each other. He rarely sees me on the weekends as he says that the weekends is time for him to see his friends. He will barely even spend one day with me on the weekend. We both work etc through the week so we only ever see each other a few times through the week at nights. We always spend Friday nights together as we have done this since we first met.

I feel I always put more effort into being with him and It's always me that has to text him or talk to him. He says that he would see me more if I stopped moaning at him about him not seeing me. Even when I've done this, he still doesn't agree to see me more. He always complains about how he has no money for us to do anything or go anywhere, so we always end up sitting in at his house. Yet, when he sees his friends at a weekend he always goes out for meals with them and goes places with them. We have booked a holiday together for later in the year but its not been fully paid yet. At the minute I feel that this holiday is the only thing keeping us together really. He is always the first to say he will end it whenever we fall out or anything and he has done a few times. I don't know if he really knows how to be in a relationship and he can come across quite immature sometimes.

He isn't affectionate towards me at all, he doesn't kiss me unless we are having sex and he barely really touches me otherwise either. He is obsessed with us having sex and I feel like it is all we do. I have tried to talk to him about this before and he just got smart and said we won't have sex for a week then. I don't know what I should do. What do you do if I guy isn't making an effort with you? I want to be with this guy and I know he wants to be with me too, but he just isn't making enough effort to make me happy? I have tried to talk to him about it too and he just doesn't listen, says he doesn't want to argue with me about it.

I think he thinks he has me where he wants me and that I am always available to him and that he can just pick me up and drop me whenever he fancies. How do I stop this happening?

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a crap partner. I would seize the initiative and dump him without remorse

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he wants sex.

If that's all you do, yeah, sounds like a booty call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotlikestyles)
    My partner and I have been together for just over a year now. I was with my previous partner for two years and he was very controlling, didn't allow me to go out or see my friends at all. It wasn't a healthy relationship.. Now my current partner is the opposite, he lets me do whatever I want and I get to be myself around him which is exactly what you want right? However, he doesn't spend as much time with me as I would like to. We see each other on average about three times a week.. Each time, its me that has to ask him to see each other. He rarely sees me on the weekends as he says that the weekends is time for him to see his friends. He will barely even spend one day with me on the weekend. We both work etc through the week so we only ever see each other a few times through the week at nights. We always spend Friday nights together as we have done this since we first met.

I feel I always put more effort into being with him and It's always me that has to text him or talk to him. He says that he would see me more if I stopped moaning at him about him not seeing me. Even when I've done this, he still doesn't agree to see me more. He always complains about how he has no money for us to do anything or go anywhere, so we always end up sitting in at his house. Yet, when he sees his friends at a weekend he always goes out for meals with them and goes places with them. We have booked a holiday together for later in the year but its not been fully paid yet. At the minute I feel that this holiday is the only thing keeping us together really. He is always the first to say he will end it whenever we fall out or anything and he has done a few times. I don't know if he really knows how to be in a relationship and he can come across quite immature sometimes.

He isn't affectionate towards me at all, he doesn't kiss me unless we are having sex and he barely really touches me otherwise either. He is obsessed with us having sex and I feel like it is all we do. I have tried to talk to him about this before and he just got smart and said we won't have sex for a week then. I don't know what I should do. What do you do if I guy isn't making an effort with you? I want to be with this guy and I know he wants to be with me too, but he just isn't making enough effort to make me happy? I have tried to talk to him about it too and he just doesn't listen, says he doesn't want to argue with me about it.

I think he thinks he has me where he wants me and that I am always available to him and that he can just pick me up and drop me whenever he fancies. How do I stop this happening?

I think you are right.

No affection. No real interest in you.

Not surprised you aren't happy.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your comments.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.